Buffalo DAC
Jan 1, 2009 at 12:17 PM Post #2 of 6
i built one of this myself a while ago, am listening to it now, i like what i heard
biggrin.gif

i also had heard some1's stello and paradisea briefly in the past

Feb 12, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #3 of 6
I heard good things about the Buffalo 3 and am ready to buy a DAC but am not clear about exactly what it is.  Is this a DIY project?  If so, does anyone know of someone who can build it out for me?  Also, does it take audio from the computer via USB?  

Any input is appreciated.

Feb 12, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #4 of 6
I've heard great things about the Buffalo DACs. I have a Bifrost on order, maybe I'll step up to the Buffalo 3 at the end of the year.

Feb 13, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #5 of 6
I'm really disapointed with it, on a technical level the qualities are all there, good depth, seperation and space, nice timbre, it is fast and agile maybe a little lean and I am hearing 'new' things however it is harsh, dull and tiring, there is a edge to everything midrange up that just hurts long term. There is nothing exciting or captivating about it, no enjoyment just a good mechnical and robotic representation of the music.

I have Buff II and IVY III.

Feb 16, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #6 of 6
sounds like you need to play with your input source and the buff analogue stage, the ivy is not their best effort imo and there is all manner of IV stage designs out there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back