Budget USB amp under 100 USD , will be used with budget Philips SHP 2700 and a laptop
Nov 3, 2013 at 3:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mitadoc

New Head-Fier
Hi there,

It`s my first post here and I hope I haven`t violated any rules.If yes - sorry.
I would like to ask for a help in choosing my first USB amp for the laptop.
I use HP ProBook 6560b which usses ( I assume) not so good(I don`t want to use other words) soundcard.
It`s Intel Cougar Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller.
Anyway,I have a lot of FLAC-s which I enjoy to listen.
I use low-end Philips SPH 2700 (sorry,I do not have the permission to load an image) and I am happy with them.

Of course,there are headphones that blow out mines but this is not the point of my inquiry.
I have several questions to ask and I will be very happy if you clear some points.

1.Do I need an external DAC/AMP for this set of headphones?I don`t like the high volumes and I prefer to 
listen to the music in reasonable and pleasant levels of sound.But,I like all the frequences to be presented and not
to overlap the others ( if it`s possible with my headphones).

2.I read a lot of reviews but in fact - I am confused .It`s pretty normal,I think. I want to have a budget USB DAC / AMP
for less than 50 Euro if it`s possible.Will this increase the quality significantly or it will be just my fiction?

3.I don`t want to change my headphones right now,I would like to discover the world of head-fi sound step by step 
rolleyes.gif

4.What do you think of this one?It`s made in my country by some music enthusiasts:

http://www.alldacinfo.com/?page_id=11406

5.I read about some breaking of the headphones after several decades of hours of listening.And the sound will be better(is that true)?

So,this is for now,sure i will have more questions to come.Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dimitar

Nov 3, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #2 of 5
if you want to go for budget dac/amp, get fiio e10.

Nov 3, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #3 of 5
  Hi there,

It`s my first post here and I hope I haven`t violated any rules.If yes - sorry.
I would like to ask for a help in choosing my first USB amp for the laptop.
I use HP ProBook 6560b which usses ( I assume) not so good (I don`t want to use other words) sound card.
4.What do you think of this one?It`s made in my country by some music enthusiasts:
http://www.alldacinfo.com/?page_id=11406
5.I read about some breaking of the headphones after several decades of hours of listening.And the sound will be better(is that true)?
So,this is for now,sure i will have more questions to come.Your help is appreciated.

The device your listing is just a DAC, not a DAC-headphone amplifier.
So it may or may not drive your headphones.

The ELE EL-D02 USB-DAC-Amp sells for $20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back