Budget to Midrange DAP Recommendation
Sep 25, 2019 at 7:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Bonton

New Head-Fier
Greetings!

I'm currently looking for the best DAP around or below 200USD price range. I'm currently interested in the following DAPs:
- FiiO M7
- FiiO M6
- Shanling M2X
- Hidizs AP80
- Hiby R3
- Cayin N3

Out of those mentioned, which is the best in terms of sound quality, usability, and durability? I'm looking for something that sounds closest to neutral and, of course, shows the most details. I'm also looking for the one that's easiest to use (in other words, good UI) and lags the least, and would probably last long because of good build quality. It might also be important to note that I would only use it with IEMs because, after all, it's for a portable setup for commuting and, therefore, I'd need something with low OI and wouldn't need the most power. If there's any non-DIY player that you think I should consider, I'm open to suggestions.

I'm only posting this because I find it hard to make a final decision with scarce and inconsistent comparisons between these.

Thank you in advance for giving your opinion.

Sep 25, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #2 of 2
Greetings!

I'm currently looking for the best DAP around or below 200USD price range. I'm currently interested in the following DAPs:
- FiiO M7
- FiiO M6
- Shanling M2X
- Hidizs AP80
- Hiby R3
- Cayin N3

Out of those mentioned, which is the best in terms of sound quality, usability, and durability? I'm looking for something that sounds closest to neutral and, of course, shows the most details. I'm also looking for the one that's easiest to use (in other words, good UI) and lags the least, and would probably last long because of good build quality. It might also be important to note that I would only use it with IEMs because, after all, it's for a portable setup for commuting and, therefore, I'd need something with low OI and wouldn't need the most power. If there's any non-DIY player that you think I should consider, I'm open to suggestions.

I'm only posting this because I find it hard to make a final decision with scarce and inconsistent comparisons between these.

Thank you in advance for giving your opinion.

Hi, I haven't heard any of your above DAPs. The only DAP i own so far is the Ziku HK-X9 DAP, retails around $40 USD on AE. It seems to have very good reviews for the price. I use it for my IEMs and details are much improved with it compared to my phone. It can't fight with the sound quality of my dedicated desktop rig (khadas tone board -> Fiio A3), but I like it so much that I don't mind bringing an extra device along when I go out.
It is pretty neutral but maybe has a small bit of increased treble and slight subbass roll off.
The battery life is insane at 20 hours, much better than most other DAPs.
And UI is quite simple, can play folders, shuffle, comes with some preset EQs. No balanced output. It is very well built, using metal, and is hardy like a tank.
The only small issue is I find some IEMs that have very low impedance < 30 ohms might have a slight hiss on it, but this goes away once music starts playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back