Budget quality headphones
Aug 6, 2012 at 3:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

binman13

New Head-Fier
Hi, I know this is going to make people stew, but I am looking for a pair of quality sound headphones around the $80 mark. I dont care about the looks, (well, to the point it can be worn in public) and I am looking mainly for sound quality. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D

Aug 6, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #2 of 20
Hi, I know this is going to make people stew, but I am looking for a pair of quality sound headphones around the $80 mark. I dont care about the looks, (well, to the point it can be worn in public) and I am looking mainly for sound quality. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D

I would definitely look into the Jaycar Pro Studio Monitors. They are identical to the Brainwavs HM5, and can be had from Jaycar.us for $70 shipped. The Koss ProDJ 100 gets a lot of love too.

Aug 6, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #6 of 20
I like the Pro DJ100's looks, but how is the sound quality? don't want to be paying for Another Beats-esque product

These are not Beats-esque in the slightest. If they were, you would have run into 5,000,000 hate threads about them already. Instead, they are widely regarded as one of the best deals in headphonia.

Red Waves are said to be solid headphones, but a bit bass heavy. It'd depend on what genres you like.

Aug 6, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #9 of 20
I am a fan of *god help me* heavy Metal, Dubstep, HATE POP TO GOD KNOWS WHAT END, so yeah, The Red waves sound good for my kind of tastes?

They should be good, but I've never gotten to listen to them or the Koss. I'd wait to hear from someone who's owned them, or do some searching before becoming too convinced.

BTW, if you're going through Amazon, pick up one of the Warehouse Deals used ones. Usually, they are just fully working ones that have been returned. Should still have all warranties and accessories.

Aug 6, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #10 of 20
Thank you, CashNotCredit, I just bought the Red Waves off Amazon, the design was just too much to pass up. Although the isolation is apparently poor, I hear the sound quality is great, so thanks :D

Aug 6, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #12 of 20
I decided to take the safe option and go for the New at 70, I know it was probably a waste, but last time I bought *Slightly Used* I actually did get some busted parts (Ripeed carbiner, bent input which is probably why it was sent back .etc)

Aug 6, 2012 at 5:40 AM Post #13 of 20
I decided to take the safe option and go for the New at 70, I know it was probably a waste, but last time I bought *Slightly Used* I actually did get some busted parts (Ripeed carbiner, bent input which is probably why it was sent back .etc)

Ouch! Probably not a bad idea to spend the extra money then. Almost worth it not to have Super Saver Shipping. Let us know how they work out for you when you get them in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back