Budget IEMs
Sep 7, 2009 at 7:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

iLol

New Head-Fier
I'm going to get some new IEMs to go with a new Cowon IAudio7, I don't really know what IEMs should be paired with it. Also, I've been looking at the Head-Direct IEMs, and the low-end UE IEMs. Should I bother with low-end UEs (MetroFi)? I'm really leaning towards one because I don't have to bother with ordering online AND they come with a hard case. Am I making a mistake thinking like that?

Sep 7, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #2 of 3
No, you are not making a mistake thinking like that at all.

I bought the Metro.Fi 100 for a friend for his birthday and he likes it a lot. From what I've heard, the Metro.Fi don't have ultra-detail and high clarity on either end of the spectrum; but it does offer a fun, bassy sound...which can be made even stronger if you use the Mach3bass BBE option on your i7.

As for Head-Direct, I own and use a modded HD RE2. It was modded because the earphone jack snapped as the cable is extremely stiff and rigid. The sound is utterly superb for the $50 AUD I paid for it though
smily_headphones1.gif

Hope that helps at all.

Sep 10, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #3 of 3
A pair of RE2's for 50AUD!? I only know of headphones.com.au selling them at $140; please do tell of how you managed to snag those IEMs at that price!

EDIT: Never mind, I was getting confused with the Head-Direct numbering system...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back