budget headphone/headset/IEM/anything recommendations under country sanctions?
Aug 27, 2015 at 5:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

beristaf

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,
I've been lurking here for quite a while now and I know some of the names that has been trending here.
I play a lot of csgo and quake for a long time and I kinda got overwhelmed with the overpopular brand names that were flowing there like steel series and razer and I've been using steelseries siberia v2 for the last 3-4 years but now the microphone is broke and the speaker cables are as well(after replacing the speakers 3/4 times) and I want to buy a new piece for my computer.
I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to get my hands on Koss KSC35 since literally everyone like it, or even Superlux or Kingston Hyperx but unfortunately amazon has banned my country and theres no way I can but anything from there. :frowning2: and the shops here have very limited brand range and they don't have all the models of say Audio-Technica or Sennheiser. So I wanted to ask you guys if you can recommend me something decent with maximum price of 55 or 60 bucks, preferably with big soundstage (cause of csgo)? I don't really care that much about closed/open or isolation since it doesn't get crowded here very often but it'd be awesome if it is a headset. I really care about comfort though cause that Siberia v2 became a pain in the butt after 5-6 hours because of its weight i guess. And if I could also use it to listen to ambient electronic stuff like Boards of Canada, Brian Eno and some rock music to a lesser extent that'd be fantastic.
help meh guys. =(

Some of the stuff I found here and there in my country:
Cooler Master CM Storm Ceres 300
AKG K44 Perception or k77
AKG K 99 Perception
AKG K518 NEON
American Audio ETR 1000B
Audio-Technica ATH-S100 Black
Audio-Technica ATH-AX1iSBK
Audio-Technica ATH-TAD300
Audio-Technica ATH-AX3iS BK
Beyerdynamic DT 231 PRO
Philips SHP2500(heard about volume problems)
Pioneer SE-CL751 Black
Razer Electra
Razer Hammerhead (hate razer but meh)
Sennheiser HD 202 II(none of the decent senn stuff like hd 390 or pc 380 actually avilable)
Sennheiser HD 205 II
Sennheiser PMX 95
Sony MDR-XB400 White
Sony MDR-S70A Headset
Logitech H540 USB Headset
ICON HP-280

sorry for the long post.

Aug 27, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #2 of 7
Well I do have steelseries mouse, mousepad and keyboard on my laptop. I am very happy about there product and they also make a iem gaming headphone called the steelseries flux I heard there very good

You can read the review here http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/steelseries-flux-in-ear/

Aug 27, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #3 of 7
Have you checked Ebay?

Aug 27, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #4 of 7
Well I do have steelseries mouse, mousepad and keyboard on my laptop. I am very happy about there product and they also make a iem gaming headphone called the steelseries flux I heard there very good

You can read the review here http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/steelseries-flux-in-ear/

I've always been impressed with Steelseries audio. I still recommend the Siberia v2's to several friends of mine who play games mostly. They are quite comfortable, pretty good build quality in my opinion and the audio quality is similar to gaming headsets double the price. 

Aug 28, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #5 of 7
  Have you checked Ebay?

yeah, that doesn't work either.
there are people who get offers to get them for you but they get double or triple the money which really sucks. so i'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. The only thing I can find is by far most of razer and steelseries models and those other brands I listed.

Aug 28, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #6 of 7
Didn't see earlier you posted the Razer hammerheads. I have a pair of those. They aren't fantastic but I find them to be pretty comfortable with reasonable audio quality for the money. I actually quite like them for my android phone but you'd be happier most likely with those Steelseries earbuds recommended above. 

Aug 28, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #7 of 7

yeah, that doesn't work either.
there are people who get offers to get them for you but they get double or triple the money which really sucks. so i'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. The only thing I can find is by far most of razer and steelseries models and those other brands I listed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back