Budget Amp Dac for Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm
Aug 6, 2021 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sanketthor

New Head-Fier
I have purchased Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro (250 ohm) and looking for an Amp Dac to drive it.
I had already made my mind to go with ifi ZEN DACV2.
However, the seller told me the Zen DAC V2 doesnt have enough power to drive DT990’s to their full potential. They suggested me to go with Aune Audio X1s Pro. I am little hesitant to go for Aune Audio as its little out of my budget and I didnt find enough reviews of it online.

If anyone has used any of these two amp dacs with DT 990s please let me know your views.
I am open for other options within $200

My DT 90 pro is 250 ohms. I spoke with ifi audio folks and they redirected me to Headphone Calculator on their website. The results are as follows:
Beyerdynamic-DT-990-PRO.png

Also, if I buy any of the dacs, which one of them would be easier/better to connect to other amp?

Aug 7, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #2 of 6
Schiit Fulla 4, $109.
About as much as I would spend to drive the DT990.

Aug 8, 2021 at 4:37 AM Post #3 of 6
Schiit hel

Aug 8, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #4 of 6
Schiit Fulla 4, $109.
About as much as I would spend to drive the DT990.
It is not available in India. My be some other option if could recommend?

I have shortlisted xDuoo MT602. It is not readily available but seller can get it in 3-4 weeks. Another option I have shortlisted is Liquid Spark. but again this is not available in India. I am talking with a seller. Probably I could ask them to get Schiit Fulla 3/4

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #5 of 6
It is not available in India. My be some other option if could recommend?

I have shortlisted xDuoo MT602. It is not readily available but seller can get it in 3-4 weeks. Another option I have shortlisted is Liquid Spark. but again this is not available in India. I am talking with a seller. Probably I could ask them to get Schiit Fulla 3/4
Xduoo XD-05 basic, comes with a nice DAC chip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back