Buckethead
May 15, 2007 at 9:05 PM Post #32 of 61
buckethead is a great guitarist and the band is great themselves. Buckethead is not the best guitarist in the world. There is no best guitarist. You can have a handful of great guitarists, which we have...anyhow, buckethead is not that original as his style and bands bring nothing new to the table. Maybe something fresh but nothing new.

conclusion

buckethead is a good guitarist
i like buckethead
therefore buckethead is a good band.

May 15, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #33 of 61
^ lol I like that logic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSurSpoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys, guys, it's useless to try and argue over who's a better guitarist because this argument will never end. I love pretty much all the guitarists mentioned above, but I'm not going to try to argue over who is THE BEST THERE IS. Just sit back and enjoy the music.

Yes. There really is no best. They all have techniques/styles that they excell at over others. My favorites as far as overall enjoyment are Steve Vai and Randy Rhoads. The rest get old quickly for me. I've played guitar and started in the 80's shred era too as many others have.

I missed buckethead back then, but have recently started listening to him. He's a very good guitarist along with the others, but he keeps me interested which is a good thing. I like his music.

May 16, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #34 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ lol I like that logic.

haha im glad someone could have a laugh with me on that one
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 20, 2007 at 2:01 PM Post #38 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're watching the wrong video. You're also not reading what I am saying. I never said he defined tapping. If you watched the video, Im talking about when he taps his finger on the killswitch, not the fret board. I think the way he uses his effects (and he can use them like no other can) defines his genre.

Thank you and goodnight. Im tired.

He is also musical: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8akmP6Sjv2o

I think that is a beautiful song. Maybe you don't. Don't care.

This version of Whitewash is AWESOME! He has so much heart and emotion in his playing. He also probably has ten times the material as a lot of top guitarists. I'm not much into his shredding, but try listening to Electric Tears, Colma and Population Overide! GREAT STUFF

Jun 20, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #39 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Randy Rhoads

I like that guy a lot. As for Buckethead, I think he has an original style.

Jun 20, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #40 of 61
I never found jimi's playing to be all that good, though I blame it on the fact that the recording's sound pretty terrible.

I like SRV. I could care less about all the technical crap, I prefer to just listen to the music.

Jun 20, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #41 of 61
Peppers Ghost is a good album, but his box set "In Search Of" has some of his greatest work to date! Check it out.

Jun 23, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #42 of 61
i like buckethead as well. i like his name even better! the first song i "bought" in guitar hero was his, and the song was great, really like it.

however much i like him, its true that there are better guitarists in my opinion. the same idiom applies to headphones as well as to music:each to his own!

but for interesting sounds, i kinda like dragonforce's video game sounds and some of their really cool sounds. like the motorcycle rev
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back