Bubba gets an RV(at least he's thinkin' about it)
Apr 6, 2004 at 12:48 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by eric343
Some guys have all the luck.
mad.gif
tongue.gif

come on eric, not like that would matter for either of us.
tongue.gif

Sounds like you'd be having a nice time tubey. I'm really puzzled about the financing thing. I'm wondering how much more they'll make on interest with you financing.

Apr 22, 2004 at 10:07 PM Post #17 of 23
Well I bit today and am now the proud owner of a 2004 Itasca Sundancer 30V class C RV. This thing is so cool. I'm posting from my satellite connection onboard right now. I got it in the Sand metallic color which is really mostly white with large gold and beige colored striping. I also got the Oak and tan interior. The interior is really nice and the cabinets and all the furniture is solid oak with a very nice finish. The only thing I don't like are the goofy patterns in the materials on the couch and chairs,they kind look like they belong in one of those mid 70's styled doctor's offices or a cheap motel. I have two 24 inch LCD monitors,and one doubles as the PC monitor. I bought an Emachines T3085 pc to use on the RV which has performed well for me at home. The connection is slow when you're moving but is pretty fast when parked. I got two slideouts,a big awning and even got a Tempurpedic matress in the rear bedroom. The fit and finish on this thing are incredible. Everything is so well built and the Ford V10 motor is super quiet and runs so smooth I have a hard time telling it's running. The paint is great looking and the wheels are a very nicely polished aluminum mags. My kids are running around inside now and all of them want to come with me to drop it off at the shop in Indiana where I will be storing it when not in use. Our first trip will be next week to Arizona to the Grand Canyon and to the Bob Bondurant Driving school for me and my dad. We will only be gone four days but I'll be able to keep in touch with guys
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
. This is just too cool.

RVs are much easier to drive than I would have imagined and even my wife thinks it's not too bad. We'll see what she thinks when we're towing a car trailer behind us. We might leave the trailer and the car here if she has a hard time getting around. I'll get some pics up when I clean up my hosting site.

Apr 22, 2004 at 10:14 PM Post #18 of 23
YEEEE-HAW!!! Bubba got his RV!!
biggrin.gif

Hope that you enjoy it very much.

Apr 22, 2004 at 10:19 PM Post #19 of 23
Congrats on the RV pruchase Fred. Very good decision. While not the coolest things in the world, they sure do make driving long distances a breeze. Nothing like a fridge, bed, bathroom, and everything else you need within a short walk when driving. Not to mention internet access and TVs to entertain those not driving or otherwise occupied.

Apr 22, 2004 at 10:20 PM Post #20 of 23
In the first two weeks of January, they let you drive the East (west? ) Rim, which is normally off limits to vehicles. Also that time of the year has the least pollution, so you can see much farther.

You should check out Lake Mead and the Hoover Dam too.

-Ed

Apr 22, 2004 at 10:52 PM Post #21 of 23
Have fun with your new uber-toy! Sounds like a real beaut!

Please, whatever you do though, don't be one of those guys that drives their giant RV down a two-lane road and never pulls over to allow traffic to clear, or for God's sake don't be one of the people who drives their RV down one-lane unpaved road as if it were a Jeep. Trust me, I've seen it more times than you'd believe, and it makes me wish I kept a shotgun in the truck with me
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2004 at 2:06 AM Post #22 of 23
Hey Bubba...Congratulations on your new piece of American Iron...you certainly know this, but just a reminder...

Remember, the ....uh...."cornering dynamics" are a leeetle different from your CTS-V!

Many's the time I have been motoring, way up on the great divide, and have observed the Old Folks maneuvering the brand new Blunderbus 44 round some hairpin, with the inside front tire been in the air so long, hit done stoppt turnin'...that is about 3mph from havin the rubber side up!!!

You dont wanna be having that kind of adventure...

regards,

Big Ugly

Apr 23, 2004 at 2:28 AM Post #23 of 23
Don't worry guys. I been driving the Fire Engine(and trucks and ambulances) for six years and I have a CDL(large tractor/truck/air brake) license. I'm sure the 30 foot Class C won't be much of a problem. The cab sits low enough that you get the sensation that you are driving a large van. I'm already working on getting a stereo(headphones,tubes,vinyl,the works) set-up in the barge. I drove out to Indiana (about 50 miles) and was suprised to get 12 mpg. I had heard these get 6-15 if you drive really slow. I am not programmed to drive slow so that the MPG figure ain't bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back