BT speaker question
May 20, 2015 at 1:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Halonoonan

Head-Fier
I'm looking to get a blue tooth speaker to use at work but would also like to use with my Tv at home if possible. I don't have blue tooth capability with my Vizio TV. Am I able to plug my tv directly into a blue tooth speaker. I've been looking at the Riva turbo x and UE mega boom.
Thanks in advance, I'm new to this sort of stuff.

May 20, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #2 of 5
What is your overall budget?

If your TV has RCA analog outputs or headphone output, then generally yes. You should be able to plug it into a bluetooth speaker. Check your TV manual.

May 20, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #3 of 5
What is your overall budget?

If your TV has RCA analog outputs or headphone output, then generally yes. You should be able to plug it into a bluetooth speaker. Check your TV manual.

Thanks. Will check when I get home.
Budget is probably about $350. The Riva turbo x seemed to get good reviews here. Any other suggestions?

May 20, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #4 of 5
This is not what you asked for, but with a budget like that, why not get some good wired powered speakers for you TV and then a separate bluetooth speaker for your office?

For instance, these Monoprice monitors would work awesome with a TV: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=115&cp_id=11504&cs_id=1150401&p_id=605500&seq=1&format=2.

Unless you are doing serious critical listening in your office, I would imagine you could find a decent sounding bluetooth speaker for the difference, and you wouldn't have to haul it back and forth. Something like the UE Boom. Or, since you wouldn't have to carry it back and forth, that allows you to go for something bigger for your office that definitely wouldn't want to carry back and forth. For instance, these Presonus would give you stereo sound if you can set them up on either side of your desk/monitor, to give you better soundstage and imaging than you can typicall get with a portable bluetooth single speaker: http://www.amazon.com/Presonus-C3-5BT-Powered-Speakers-Bluetooth/dp/B00N55NS4W/

May 22, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #5 of 5
Another option that would give you maximum flexibility on any system would be a Peachtree BT1 Bluetooth receiver that you can connect to any powered speakers of your choice for $99.

Emotiva new is offering their well received Airmotiv powered speakers with their new model 3b, with built in Bluetooth, $199 for the pair. The don't take up much space, only a footprint of 4" x 5" and are only 6 6/4" high. Each speaker contains a 3" long through woofer and a 3/4" tweeter, each powered by a 30 watt class D amp. A nice feature is a separate analog input that you can plug your portable player in directly.

Peachtree now has their deepblue2 Bluetooth Music System. This is a single, large, self contained unit with a 440 watt amplifer powering five speakers for $399. It has a massive 6.5" woofer, two 3" midrange speakers and two 1" soft dome tweeters. It comes with a remote, a 3.5mm analog line level input and a digital Toslink optical input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back