Brown sub-forum titles on forum pages
Jul 13, 2010 at 8:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

elliot42

500+ Head-Fier
I noticed a bunch of down-time today and also noticed that the colour of the sub-forum title on forum pages (see DIY forum) is brown, which is unreadable on the dark blue background.
It looks like the title is in an H1 tag which has a brown style where the sub-forum title should actually be in an H2 tag which is used on the main forums entry page and is white and positioned on the same blue background.

And perhaps the H1 title "DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions" should appear at the top of the page, above "DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions - Sub-Forums" table. It would then be more logically ordered and the same as the main forum entry page.

I must also ask whether these changes are properly tested and reviewed as it was a pretty noticeable problem that immediately caught my eye. Also because of the broken WYSIWYG editor in Chrome that I just posted about below...

Jul 13, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #2 of 5
I agree that this is an issue- white would be a better choice of color. Brown on blue makes for an odd contrast.

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #3 of 5
Clearly not well thought through!
The brown text sure is hard to read on the dark blue background...

Jul 14, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #4 of 5
We need it white on subforums and make it dark blue to be more uniform on the main forum display. The brown isn't good anywhere.

Jul 14, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #5 of 5
Well, the brown looks good on the off-white of the original design, but now that it's been modified and the background is now a pale blue it doesn't look so good.
I feel that the site doesn't look as shmick with the modifications, the colour scheme should really be looked at as a whole again with a light blue background as a requirement so that all the colours complement each other as they did originally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back