BROOKO'S REVIEW & DISCUSSION - FIIO F9 IEM
Nov 17, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #61 of 70
Am I correct in assuming that the adapter cable with the three conductor plug was purchased separately? If so, why doesn't Fiio include something like it?

Nov 17, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #62 of 70
If you mean the balanced to single ended adaptor cable - that is part of Fidues A91 Sirius package. But it’s perfect for comparing the two.

Nov 17, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #63 of 70
If you mean the balanced to single ended adaptor cable - that is part of Fidues A91 Sirius package. But it’s perfect for comparing the two.

The F9 should come with a way to connect it to a standard 3 conductor stereo jack. It looks like the F5 has the same issue. Perhaps instead of including the balanced cable, they should have included a cable with a right angle three conductor plug, and sell the balanced cable separately. Or else include an adapter in the package to go from the balanced cable to a standard three conductor right angle plug.

Perhaps Fiio should release a version of the F5 without a case, without the balanced cable and without the cable with the remote, and include a cable with a right angle three conductor plug. Hopefully this could be priced at under $50. There are many who won't pay over $50 for an earphone or over $100 for a player. I'm tired of paying for included accessories that I don't use.

Nov 18, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #64 of 70
They include both a balanced and SE cable - so I don’t really understand your critique. And where else will you get a well tuned 3 driver hybrid for $100 - especially of the quality FiiO have in the F9. If you want something at $50 you’ll find itwith some of the other Asian offerings - but expect to get what you paid for .......

Nov 18, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #65 of 70
The F9 should come with a way to connect it to a standard 3 conductor stereo jack. It looks like the F5 has the same issue. Perhaps instead of including the balanced cable, they should have included a cable with a right angle three conductor plug, and sell the balanced cable separately. Or else include an adapter in the package to go from the balanced cable to a standard three conductor right angle plug.

Perhaps Fiio should release a version of the F5 without a case, without the balanced cable and without the cable with the remote, and include a cable with a right angle three conductor plug. Hopefully this could be priced at under $50. There are many who won't pay over $50 for an earphone or over $100 for a player. I'm tired of paying for included accessories that I don't use.
I agree with what Paul said above, F9 comes already with both SE and Bal cables, and it is a 3-driver IEM, there's very little to complain about, objectively speaking...

Nov 18, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #66 of 70
I agree with what Paul said above, F9 comes already with both SE and Bal cables, and it is a 3-driver IEM, there's very little to complain about, objectively speaking...

If I can't connect it to what I want to connect it to, it is useless.

Nov 18, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #68 of 70
Nov 18, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #70 of 70
The cable with a microphone should work with every 3.5mm jack plug (?), even though it has 4 parts, one of them is for the microphone

It doesn't work when you connect it? :triportsad:

Can you take a photo of both? I am getting a bit confused :triportsad:

A standard 3 conductor plug will work in a 4 conductor jack, however the reverse won't work without using an adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back