Broken Wires.
Nov 27, 2012 at 6:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AnthonyMcEwen

Head-Fier
Right, nice and simple really, all I want to know is can you replace wires / cables on most headphones as I am scared of spending a big chunk of money on them to break the cable, not that I am likely to as I am really care full with my stuff .

So for this reason in was looking for ones with removable cables but have found more options that I like in my budget that non removable son just thinking might have to by one with out a removable cable.

Also if they can be replaced do you have to send them off or can you do it yourself so long as you can soldier and have a bit of electronics experience...as providing they can be fixed my dad used to work in REME so could probs do it for me.

Mainly looking at sennhiser of this helps.

Nov 27, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #2 of 5
Don't worry. Quality headphones should have cables that don't break easily and if they do, replacing them should be easy. It would be a great excuse to get a better cable. I just did my AKG Q701s and I have not soldered anything in a long time. If you ever re cable, be careful, patient and study online guides. There are a lot of good ones out there.

Just be aware that any work like this will probably void your warranty.

Nov 27, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #3 of 5
OK thx, now I just got to Decide which senn to get, like the look and designs of senn, and have about £125 wish to spend but can't decide If I want a cheaper closed can like a HD 449 or a open back like the HD558 have looked at recommendations thread but can't decide... Mainly for indoor use but if I get the HD558 will they need an amp or will they be fine without one, as if I need an amp might go with the cheaper HD518 or HD449 what do you guys recomend.?

Please Help me.

Nov 27, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
Right, nice and simple really, all I want to know is can you replace wires / cables on most headphones as I am scared of spending a big chunk of money on them to break the cable, not that I am likely to as I am really care full with my stuff .
So for this reason in was looking for ones with removable cables but have found more options that I like in my budget that non removable son just thinking might have to by one with out a removable cable.
Also if they can be replaced do you have to send them off or can you do it yourself so long as you can soldier and have a bit of electronics experience...as providing they can be fixed my dad used to work in REME so could probs do it for me.
Mainly looking at sennhiser of this helps.

I'm not worried, the cable on my Grado PS1000 is so thick, i could hang myself with it.

Nov 27, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #5 of 5
Lol...would be a good way to go at least...listening to our fav song on our beast headphones haha...so which of the above do people recommend as these are the three I think I have finally narrowed it down to...just found out 558 is removable cable anyways so although the lock feature means it could still breaks it means I can swap for a doff cable if be yeah... So that's a +1... Do you reckon I should just go for the 558,s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back