Broken Westone UM1 IEM's
May 23, 2012 at 5:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Logan608

New Head-Fier
2 weeks ago I woke up and felt something under my arm. I realized that it was the end of my UM1's. The end or shaft has broken off from the body. I tried to glue it back on but some of the glue has blocked the channel and it still isn't secure. Does anyone know if Westone covers this? 

May 23, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
2 weeks ago I woke up and felt something under my arm. I realized that it was the end of my UM1's. The end or shaft has broken off from the body. I tried to glue it back on but some of the glue has blocked the channel and it still isn't secure. Does anyone know if Westone covers this? 

If they were under warranty you have surely ruined any chance of getting them replaced by trying to repair them yourself.  Is there anyway to remove the glue so there is no trace?  Otherwise you will have to look for some replacements i guess...

If your using IEMs to help you go to sleep, may i suggest IEMs that are far more disposable.

May 23, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #3 of 5
I wasn't even using them to go to sleep. I almost always keep them in the case, but that night they somehow ended up in my bed.. I can try to get the glue off, but I'm also looking at new IEMs. If I do get the glue off, does Westone have a reputation for being good with repairs?

May 23, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #4 of 5
Well if you can get the glue off, why not claim on the warranty, i have no experience of Westone warranty service however.

i realise this is probably a one off for you, but if it can happen it will... if its happened once, it will probably happen again!

May 24, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #5 of 5
I've had Westone UM2s re-shelled out of warranty and it wasn't very expensive.  I would give a call over to them and explain your situation. I think the shipping will be the most expensive part of your ordeal.

Good luck
-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back