Broken TF10 Options
Jun 6, 2013 at 6:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

aj2494

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 6, 2013
Posts
7
Likes
0
I bought a pair of TF10's off ebay in October, and now the left earpiece has died.  I've tried different devices, switching the earpieces, etc.  It doesn't have nearly the volume it should, and the bass is almost non-existent.  What can I do?  I'm checking to see if Logitech will honor the warranty, but if they don't, do I have to buy a new set?  Thanks.
 
Jun 7, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #2 of 9

kimvictor

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 19, 2012
Posts
4,397
Likes
225
Quote:
I bought a pair of TF10's off ebay in October, and now the left earpiece has died.  I've tried different devices, switching the earpieces, etc.  It doesn't have nearly the volume it should, and the bass is almost non-existent.  What can I do?  I'm checking to see if Logitech will honor the warranty, but if they don't, do I have to buy a new set?  Thanks.

If the bass is gone, the bass driver is probably dead. UE will probably offer to fix it for a cost(probably under $100) if you are out of warranty. UE has good customer service, so I won't worry too much about it.
 
Jun 7, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #3 of 9

aj2494

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 6, 2013
Posts
7
Likes
0
Ok, that's not awful then.  It just sucks cause I got them for $160.  Unfortunately, I can't find that price anymore or I would consider just buying a new pair.
 
Jun 14, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #4 of 9

aj2494

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 6, 2013
Posts
7
Likes
0
Ok so logitech decided to honor the warranty. I called them after I didnt get a return label and they informed me that they were going to give me the ue600's. Needless to say, I wasn't very happy with that option, so after some prodding on my part, they offered me the 6000's. That was yesterday. Today I called them, and long story short, I'm getting the ue900's! Awesome customer service from logitech!
 
Jun 14, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #5 of 9

jpmaster

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 1, 2012
Posts
33
Likes
0
Quote:
Ok so logitech decided to honor the warranty. I called them after I didnt get a return label and they informed me that they were going to give me the ue600's. Needless to say, I wasn't very happy with that option, so after some prodding on my part, they offered me the 6000's. That was yesterday. Today I called them, and long story short, I'm getting the ue900's! Awesome customer service from logitech!

got the same thing for a similar problem im probably going to sell them though and buy the ety er4p
 
Jun 15, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #7 of 9

kimvictor

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 19, 2012
Posts
4,397
Likes
225
Quote:
Ok so logitech decided to honor the warranty. I called them after I didnt get a return label and they informed me that they were going to give me the ue600's. Needless to say, I wasn't very happy with that option, so after some prodding on my part, they offered me the 6000's. That was yesterday. Today I called them, and long story short, I'm getting the ue900's! Awesome customer service from logitech!

I'm jealous. I mean TF10 goes for what? $220? UE900 goes for $400!
 
Jun 18, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #8 of 9

aj2494

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 6, 2013
Posts
7
Likes
0
I've been looking around, and I'm debating if I should keep them or not. I listen to mostly rap, hip hop, and electronic, with a good amount of rock sprinkled in. Is there an IEM in the same price range I should look at instead?
 
Jun 18, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #9 of 9

kimvictor

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 19, 2012
Posts
4,397
Likes
225
Quote:
I've been looking around, and I'm debating if I should keep them or not. I listen to mostly rap, hip hop, and electronic, with a good amount of rock sprinkled in. Is there an IEM in the same price range I should look at instead?

W3 is good for those generes, and is cheaper than UE900, so you get some extra cash as well.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top