Broken headphones...
Nov 13, 2008 at 12:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

GMmarine

New Head-Fier
Wow,I feel like a complete idiot because I broke my UE 5 EB's the other day. The cord was starting to cut in and out so I decided to pull the cord out of the headphone because UE's cables are replaceable... but I accidentally broke my headphones. Now all I see is one red wire and one green wire sticking out. So basically I want to know if I, a 14 year old, just saved up $150 to see it all go down the drain... Or, hopefully someone is going to tell me that they can be fixed somehow?
P.S. Anyone else brake a pair of expensive headphones? Share your story with me... maybe it'll make me feel better.
biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #7 of 14
If it is still under warranty, call their customer service for an RMA (Returned Merchandise Authorization) number for repair. Just tell them the wire broke and it needs to be repaired. If they ask you what happened, just tell them it got pulled out when you took it off your ear. Once they received it they will evaluate it anyway. So you really have nothing to lose.

Nov 13, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just say your son broke it.

Also, show some cleavage.

I think this is the best post I've seen this month.

Nov 15, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #11 of 14
Alright I've taken these suggestions into consideration and I suppose I will just say they broke in the case... which purpose is to protect them but was poorly designed. In truth, the case that comes with the UE headphones is too small anyways I so I can just say the case put pressure on my IEM's because of poor design. :p ... Any other suggestions if this fails?

Nov 15, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by GMmarine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright I've taken these suggestions into consideration and I suppose I will just say they broke in the case... which purpose is to protect them but was poorly designed. In truth, the case that comes with the UE headphones is too small anyways I so I can just say the case put pressure on my IEM's because of poor design. :p ... Any other suggestions if this fails?

this may work because warranties usually cover any poor workmanship, so blaming the part that is designed to protect the phones may work, but beware when getting cheeky, they may turn round and say you must have been careless because the case can take more than enough pressure

Nov 15, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #13 of 14
Your cat chew it. Or just blame on poor quality product. Since you are 14, try to give them a call and talk nicely to them. Tell them some sad story and it might work.

Nov 15, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bombyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That thread is not about UE 5 but you might still find some hints.

lol mofo genius that guy. it's probably not that hard but i wouldn't attempt it myself. kudos to him though, and all who're adventurous enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back