Broken Earphones - Can I fix them? (Sony MDR-EX70)
Apr 29, 2012 at 6:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Chirag Soni

New Head-Fier
Hey, I currently have some Sony MDR-EX70 earphones (black). The left earphone has been damaged, where the inside wire (mostly copper i think) has been exposed and kind of torn so that where the wire goes into the earphone, there is only white wire. The copper wire has been cut off, so it is present before and after this section.

I have failed at taking good, clear photo's of this but I will hopefully upload some good one's tomorrow.

The wire has not been physically cut and put in the bin, more scrunched up before and after the white wire section. The white wire is present throughout and the copper wire is wrapped around it, excluding this section. What can I do to fix this? I'm sorry if this is unclear. The right earphone still works perfectly and when I put the left earphone in my ear it just does not work. 

I'm hoping this is a simple fix via connecting two pieces of wire somehow. I'd prefer some instructions, recommended steps to take as sending it to a stranger to fix is very unlikely. I have not asked a professional shop about it yet, I need to enquire and find the right place to ask.  

Also if anyone is selling working Sony MDR-EX70 earphones I am very interested as I cannot find them now, online or in shops. 

Thanks for your help.

Apr 30, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #3 of 6
if you want to fix it you will have to cut the wire first and get a fine tip soldering iron to clean off the pads then find a better quality cord to solder them on the same way...  it's going to be time consuming and skill requiring... might not be worth the trouble..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back