Broken/Dead Supermacro?
Mar 10, 2006 at 12:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

roy_jones

500+ Head-Fier
I did a search and didn't come up with much on both Xin's site, as well as Head-Fi, so I'm wondering if anyone has had the experience of having their SM3 just completely die on them, for no apparent reason?

I had assumed I was just in need of a battery change, but after the batteries were replaced, I soon discovered that it wasn't the source of the problem. No LED light to show power, and no sound.

What is the most common problem that people experience with these amps? Anyone else have to send it to Xin for repairs, and if so, what is his policy on repairing them, in terms of cost?

Thanks in advance-

Mar 10, 2006 at 12:34 AM Post #3 of 10
I burned two supermini's in a row. One completely dead ,the other distorted in one channel, Xin fixed them for free.
No question asked. But be prepared for a pretty long wait, one month in my case. He is always busy processing orders.
I'm afraid sooner or later he'll become the victim of his own success...
Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_jones
I did a search and didn't come up with much on both Xin's site, as well as Head-Fi, so I'm wondering if anyone has had the experience of having their SM3 just completely die on them, for no apparent reason?

I had assumed I was just in need of a battery change, but after the batteries were replaced, I soon discovered that it wasn't the source of the problem. No LED light to show power, and no sound.

What is the most common problem that people experience with these amps? Anyone else have to send it to Xin for repairs, and if so, what is his policy on repairing them, in terms of cost?

Thanks in advance-

Mar 10, 2006 at 12:56 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalcat
I burned two supermini's in a row. One completely dead ,the other distorted in one channel, Xin fixed them for free.
No question asked. But be prepared for a pretty long wait, one month in my case. He is always busy processing orders.
I'm afraid sooner or later he'll become the victim of his own success...

Thanks for the responses- yeah, that was the impression I got while trying to research this on his website. I think you're right that he's walking that line, where his ability to juggle his business with just one person is starting to become a little sketchy. Best of intentions on his part, but definitely undermanned- to the detriment of his follow-up service.

Mar 10, 2006 at 1:25 AM Post #5 of 10
Xin will fix anything hes made for free. You'd probably pay postage?

No questions asked in that your amp might have had 3 owners since it left Xin but thats no trouble.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 3:06 AM Post #8 of 10
I love Xin, more and more, everyday with each listen.
biggrin.gif
He's my hero. When I must listen without my SM3 (which is almost never), music is thin and without punch.

Mar 10, 2006 at 3:41 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed
Xin will fix anything hes made for free. You'd probably pay postage?

No questions asked in that your amp might have had 3 owners since it left Xin but thats no trouble.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ah...that was my other question that I'd forgot to ask. Excellent.

Mar 10, 2006 at 12:45 PM Post #10 of 10
I've just ordered a pair of OBCA adaptors for my SA5534 opamps. $15.98 total, shipped to the UK, nice.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back