Broken D2000s, help? +Pics
Oct 17, 2008 at 5:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

the rev

100+ Head-Fier
Before you ask: Yes, I called Denon but they don't sell the part separately.

I bought these D2000's for 40$. They're in excellent shape for playback, and sound amazing, only issue is that the "joint" that connects the D2000's from the headband slide to the drive cup, is broken. Now, does anyone know where I can get this part? I'm pretty sure I need to replace the entire cup center, meaning where the Driver/backing connect to the headphone band.

It goes like this

Pad|White plastic holding pad| Plastic where joint is located| driver, screwed onto that plastic| Cup back screwed onto the driver

If I can't find the part, I guess I'll just have to jimmy rig my own joint.
Sigh, denon wants 55$ JUST to look at them, even though I know what's wrong. I just want the part :[ They said after they look at the, if the repair cente can't fix em [lord knows why they couldn't] I could trade for a new pair, but who knows how much that is ON TOP of the 55$.

Heres pics, click to pop, they're big 56k warning!

the images pop, so click for much bigger images!

What the joint connected should look like

Thanks!

Oct 17, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #2 of 6
From what I can see from your pictures, you may be over-assessing what you might need to replace . I wish I had the time to brainstorm this w/ you a bit more right now, but I'm out the door to go to work. I will think on it while I'm at work (Hey, it's Friday, they shouldn't expect me to concentrate on work by now !). I will offer one suggestion for now though. You don't have to replace"like" for "like". This is not a critical requirment here. Later.

Oct 18, 2008 at 4:46 AM Post #3 of 6
I recall reading a topic or two here in which someone described fixing your issue with some small nuts and bolts.

You received a heck of a deal for those phones.

Oct 18, 2008 at 5:24 AM Post #4 of 6
Oct 18, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #5 of 6
If it is just that screw that is the problem & it needs to be replaced you might want to check out a website called ThinkGeek & check out the Flexable Shaft Ratcheting Screwdriver. It looks like it could work if you can find the right screw & minature bit.

Oct 18, 2008 at 10:30 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it aint broken mate.. what you need to do is reassemble it. the screws popped out and apparently some kind of washer/sleeve thing (dont quote me on this, mine are still intact. i read this on a thread here on how to fix it.). basically you need to replace the screw.

here you go: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/den...-issue-344869/

and here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/den...61/index2.html

Correct. I had the same issue with my D2000.
At first glance, it looked like it was broken (almost got a heartattack), but then I found the screw on my chair. I put the screw and washer back in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back