Broke headphone plug need help with replacing it...
Nov 27, 2010 at 11:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

FearoftheNight

New Head-Fier
Hey guys...someone caught the cord and broke the plug of my Audiotechnica ATH M50 headphones. I went to radioshack and bought the replacement plug with the screws. Can anyone help me or direct me to a guide as to how I can replace the plug? I'm a poor student and I'd like to replace these :frowning2:

Dec 2, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #6 of 8
Just pick up an iron, buddy. It ain't that hard.
And for high(er) quality plugs, may I suggest Neutrik, Switchcraft, Canare and ViaBlue (in that particular ascending order).

Dec 7, 2010 at 6:58 AM Post #7 of 8
Hi. I actually just did this. If I didn't use electrical tape is there something I should be looking out for or worried about? 
Quote:
Quote:
thanks guys. but wouldl it require soldering if i have the replacement jack witht the screws?

You won't need to as long as you properly strip and wrap the wires around the connections tightly enough; if you don't solder, I recommend you use at least electrical tape to separate connections.

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #8 of 8
If you don't take, try to use something to separate the wires. It didn't happen to me when I replaced the jack on my old headphones, but basically you just want to avoid wires touching.

Quote:
Hi. I actually just did this. If I didn't use electrical tape is there something I should be looking out for or worried about? 
Quote:
Quote:
thanks guys. but wouldl it require soldering if i have the replacement jack witht the screws?

You won't need to as long as you properly strip and wrap the wires around the connections tightly enough; if you don't solder, I recommend you use at least electrical tape to separate connections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back