Britney v. Christina
Mar 15, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #32 of 97
Wow voting in this poll is hard
smily_headphones1.gif

baby one more time vs genie in a bottle
smily_headphones1.gif

Christina is more talented but Britney got the hits.............still can't decide....
smily_headphones1.gif

BUT they both got to kiss Madonna so I will call it a tie
atsmile.gif

Mar 15, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #33 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Love me, hate me, say what you want about me. All of the boys and all of the girls are wanting to if you seek Amy (iFyoUCeeK me)

That seem be pretty clever, if it wasn't started by the song If You See Kay by Poster Children almost 20 years ago.

Mar 15, 2009 at 7:54 AM Post #35 of 97
It's pretty simple. Christina Aguilera's records may vary in quality (some very good, some not so good), but she overflows with talent.

Britney Spears is a talentless marketing manikin. O.K., I'm being too harsh. She has one talent: exposing herself in public.

Mar 15, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #36 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why? Ah, I thought you'd never ask.

We are, most of us, elitist wankers. Aren't we? We disparage iBuds and 128kps mp3s, and (usually commercially popular) modern music. At least we do so publicly. Meanwhile, most of us (the loudest ones, perhaps) dare not subject ourselves to hearing tests (e.g., 128kbps v Lossless), would rather enjoy Bose (and Skullcandy!) if we were willing to put them on, and secretly listen to Kenny G. I think.

So. It's all very respectable here to make and vote and comment on threads about Radiohead and U2 and Coltrane and Shostakovich...but Britney and Christina? God forbid. But still, they are (or were, I'm not sure) immensely popular, and chances are, there are many fans of both or either lurking within our midsts. And I'm curious about who has more fans. There. That's why.

My vote goes to Christina, in her latest incarnation. There IS a lot of over-singing going on, but she does have impressive vocals.

X2, Even I don't listen to either's music.

Btw, if you play saxophone, you'd find that Kenny G has about the same reputation in the saxophone community as Bose here.
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2009 at 8:00 AM Post #37 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That seem be pretty clever, if it wasn't started by the song If You See Kay by Poster Children almost 20 years ago.

I remember hearing a version of that joke when I was about 10 years old, in 1970. It was old then. Me and my pre-teen buddies thought we were being really edgy.

Britney Spears's success proves, for the umpteenth time, that the vast majority of consumers are brainless idiots. A singer who can't sing, and a dancer who can't dance. Yeah, wrap it up, I'll take it. In fact, give me ten.

Mar 15, 2009 at 9:36 AM Post #40 of 97
For me this isn't a comparison of music but of talent, because I could never listen to albums by either of them. Christina is clearly the only singer out of the two. Britney might've won a talent contest at a high school of 700 students back in the day. Christina is a great singer, but I hate the music.

Mar 15, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #42 of 97
I enjoyed the dance music stuff of Britney, Slave for U and Toxic.

The ballads were awful, but for just fun club music, why not? She can't sing, but that's not what that music was about.

As for Christina, it was hard for me to enjoy ANY of her music, never mind that her voice was a million times better than Brit. I enjoyed "Beautiful" for a bit, but not much else.

Wow. In spite of the talent disparity, may have to give it to Spears. Lemme think for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back