Brighter leds for a CMOY?
Oct 28, 2004 at 2:48 AM Post #2 of 8
I use leds from lsdiodes.com . For which ever led (including 3mm like blue/red) i just put a 10k resistor and the light is eye-hurting bright. This is off a 9v battery, you could use the same resistor with the 12v and will give a slightly brighter light. You can use a resistor as low as 400ohms or so to give the brightest light without burning the led up quick (i used these resistors when i put leds in all my car door/window/etc switches).

-ivan

Oct 28, 2004 at 2:50 AM Post #3 of 8
The brightness rating they give, in millicandelas, is at a current of 20mA. Ohm's Law says that V/I=R, or 9V/.02A=450Ohms. A fairly small (400-500) resistor will leave that 10K mcd LED bright enough to light your room
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 28, 2004 at 3:16 AM Post #4 of 8
out of interest, has anyone found a decent source of t1/3mm pink and uv leds?

Oct 28, 2004 at 4:25 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyskraper
out of interest, has anyone found a decent source of t1/3mm pink and uv leds?

I don't know about pink, but lsdiodes.com has UV LEDs. Very bright ones. You might even want to talk to them about pink - if they don't carry it, they'll know where you can get it.

-Drew

Oct 28, 2004 at 4:36 AM Post #6 of 8
cheers. ill email them. i found one guy on ebay that sells them, but i don't have the need for enough to order from them. project studio pimeta may have to get pink and uv led's for the metering though
wink.gif

Oct 28, 2004 at 11:06 AM Post #8 of 8
oh just a handful a couple of dozen...i was going to order some led's off the ebay guy anyway, may just see what package they can put together for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back