Brief Guide to Marantz AV Receivers with Dolby Headphone & HDMI
Nov 30, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #16 of 19
Sounds good, let me know what you find.

I had a chance to scan through the manual for your model, but wasn't able to find much.  That said, there's one thing I saw in there that caught my eye, but the details on it are sparse.  On pg. 27 where it covers the Dolby Headphone processing, it says as long as you are in modes DH1 thru DH3, you are allowed to choose different surround modes.  However, it doesn't state which surround modes are actually available.  When you have the PS4 on and headphones connected, what surround mode options are you able to select from?

Also note that it says if you switch to PURE DIRECT mode, Dolby surround processing is bypassed, so make sure you're not running in PURE DIRECT mode.

Good luck!

Nov 4, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #17 of 19

Anyway, there you have it. I hope that this has been helpful!

It has! Thank you! Just got a SR5005 used for $130 on Ebay. It doesn't have a remote, and it's kinda scratched up, but idc. 

Nov 7, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #18 of 19
  It has! Thank you! Just got a SR5005 used for $130 on Ebay. It doesn't have a remote, and it's kinda scratched up, but idc. 

Cool, that's a great price!  Hope you get a lot of use out of it. 
redface.gif

Nov 7, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #19 of 19

Cool, that's a great price!  Hope you get a lot of use out of it. 
redface.gif

It's a fantastic price. I will. I'll be using it with my PS4pro that I'mma get. Need to sell my Harman Kardon AVR 254 now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back