Brickwall AUD... no AUD?
Oct 6, 2002 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Gergor

1000+ Head-Fier
What's the difference between the brickwall AUD (audio) and non audio? I checked out the spec on the brickwall web site and they are exactly the same (other than the price). I think I must have missed some information. Would anybody point it out for me please?
confused.gif

Oct 6, 2002 at 8:02 PM Post #2 of 4
The PW sales guy I e-mailed before purchasing my unit said that the AUD had a 20 amp "reactor" that could handle power-hungry components while the standard one was 15 amps, and that the eight-outlet AUD had isolated outlets while the standard one didn't. I ended up selling my standard unit; it doesn't perform much in the way of power conditioning and its surge protection is overkill for those of us who don't have frequent power surges to begin with. I now use a direct-to-wall MOV-based unit (Tripplite ISOBLOK2-0).

- Wasif.

Oct 8, 2002 at 12:56 AM Post #3 of 4
Thank you. I think I'm going to get an audio unit. My Tripplite does not provide me enough filtering. I hear all kind of glitching noise. Do you think it's better than tripplite in terms of power noise filtering?

Oct 8, 2002 at 2:56 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by Gergor
Thank you. I think I'm going to get an audio unit. My Tripplite does not provide me enough filtering. I hear all kind of glitching noise. Do you think it's better than tripplite in terms of power noise filtering?

Not in my opinion..Price Wheeler doesn't claim that their product is great at noise filtering either..if that's your goal, you'd be better off getting a Balanced Power Technologies unit, or perhaps a PS Audio Ultimate Outlet.

- Wasif.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back