Breppies earbuds socks
Mar 16, 2010 at 5:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

kostalex

Headphoneus Supremus
I just clicked one of the Google ads links at the top of head-fi. I discovered funny things - Breppies earbuds socks. They do not provide good pics on the site, so I also added couple I found with Google Images:

breppies.jpg

popupbreppies.jpg

Are there brave head-fiers to try this with some good earbuds, like PK1? I am too far away to try them myself, last international parcel took 2 months to come to my door.

Mar 17, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #6 of 12
Socks do change the sound. They hold them in the right position in your ear better....less wobble, and fuller bass usually.

Mar 17, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #8 of 12
Hi, I caught your discussion. I am the creator of Breppies. Just thought I would add to your discussion. Breppies are made of a moisture resistant fabric and do not degrade the sound quality at all. They make your earbuds exponentially more comfortable and keep them in your ears. They also come in a variety of different colors so you can change them out when you want to. They are made to fit primarily the standard Apple or Apple "type" earbuds, so they don't fit the "in ear" types. They are however, extremely inexpensive and durable. Just thought I would give you some additional facts on the product. Photo was from CES in Las Vegas in January. Thanks.

Mar 18, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #11 of 12
arn't those just those foamy things that earbuds used to come with? i remember the earlier generation ipod earbuds had those cushions, they never really helped to keep the buds in my ear.

also, i'd be interested to see how that changes the sound of the earbuds. since you're putting something over the speaker, its gotta have some effect.

Jan 7, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #12 of 12
I got some Breppies today, so a bump for this thread. I bought two pair and got two more free.

Got three custom color combo's. I went orange/black, black/red, and red/black. They through in the extra yellow/yellow. Yellow and black will work nice(Steeler fan)!

They fit on my HDDS so they will fit on almost any buds. They do dress them up allowing you to change colors and such. For my HDDS they are comfy and help the fit/sound as well. The slick glossy black finish doesn't hold foams on well. Problem solved. The socks/grip ring keep the foamies on tight and the fit is more stable and doesn't move around any more. Using the Breppie/grip ring/foams builds up the outside diameter a bit more giving, or rather keeping in, a bit more bass. Seem transparent sound-wise other than that. The big stage and good treble are still there as is the detail.

$5.98 shipped. They came quickly, I got the color combos I chose, and they work quite well. A solid purchase! Try them esp. if your buds don't fit/fall out.

Hey, they can work on IEM also. My green MC5 are now black and the metal housings aren't cold in the winter weather, lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back