Breaking News: HE1000 V2
Sep 17, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #227 of 386
Mine will be here next week. What's the recommended burn in time?

Signature/tonality = listen immediately.
Full Micro/Macro detailing and imaging established around 150-200hrs (one week)

Those are headphone Generalities non-specific to the HE1000.

Sep 17, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #229 of 386
  HE1000 V2 is now in stock at HeadAmp for those interested in trying the new model. Don't have a demo unit on hand yet, so no impressions to post.

http://www.headamp.com/order/hifiman-he-1000-v2/

Do you know if some of the changes to the V2 for example, the earpads and cable, will be offered for the V1? Thanks.

Sep 19, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #230 of 386

Do you know if some of the changes to the V2 for example, the earpads and cable, will be offered for the V1? Thanks.

In the past HIFIMAN has sold accessories/parts like cables and earpads through Authorized Dealers like us.  Such pieces from the HE1000 V2 have yet to become available, but we are hopeful.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Sep 19, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #231 of 386

In the past HIFIMAN has sold accessories/parts like cables and earpads through Authorized Dealers like us.  Such pieces from the HE1000 V2 have yet to become available, but we are hopeful.

Thank you.  I am hopeful they make them available also, and if so, are helpful SQ wise.

It would be terrific if they had an upgrade program as well, given that the HE-1000 is their flagship product.

Sep 19, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #232 of 386
I was told an upgrade program would come sometime in October

Sep 24, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #234 of 386
This has to do with the Hifiman Edition X v2 (I don't see a separate link for it): right now, it's for sale on Amazon for $1299.00 -- I have no idea why.  Here's the link:
https://smile.amazon.com/HIFIMAN-Over-Planar-Magnetic-Headphones/dp/B01LWN2R69/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474759569&sr=8-1&keywords=hifiman+edition+x+v2

Sep 24, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #235 of 386
For some reasons HFM finally realised they have been overcharging it's loyal customers by some 40% over the years, and have finally dropped it's asking price for it's Edition X V2.

Frankly I don't want to have anything to do with a company like this who won't blink to price gouging its loyal customers, and will update it's product range within a matter of months to leave its early adopters hanging.

For us HEK V1 owners, and especially the Edition X V1 owners, this is a bitter pill to swallow and frankly just #SAD

Sep 24, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #236 of 386
  For some reasons HFM finally realised they have been overcharging it's loyal customers by some 40% over the years, and have finally dropped it's asking price for it's Edition X V2.

Frankly I don't want to have anything to do with a company like this who won't blink to price gouging its loyal customers, and will update it's product range within a matter of months to leave its early adopters hanging.

For us HEK V1 owners, and especially the Edition X V1 owners, this is a bitter pill to swallow and frankly just #SAD

I thought they stopped making HE6. Edition X V2 is the same price now as HE6?

Sep 25, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #238 of 386
We can't assume reasons for pricing,
as both demand and competition will take precedence over material cost.

Remember also the warrantee policy is also taken into account.
HiFiman has transferable warrantee policy plus good response if claiming direct thru them.
Dealers are usually the cause of headaches.

So all in all, I see things in a brighter view that they are being more competitive,
While also changing the cheap feel of the HEX V1 plastic, to now a metal frame.
That would have been great when I first bought the HEX, as they certainly looked glossy beautiful, but rather surprisingly plastic.

So what should be viewed in a good light, is that HiFiman is actually improving, maybe because they are responding to customers.

Now that they implemented improved models I hope they do same for the portable Edition S, which is my favorite portable.
In this portable, they need to swap out that plastic headband (IMHO).

Anyways it's good to see them getting better .
I totally avoiding the complaint issues because I see them getting better.

What is the alternative to the HE1000V2...???

Utopia??.. Let's compare:
1-less soundstage
2-leaner bass
3-$1000 more
4-Heavier
5-No transferable warranty

Unknown possible advantages:
Clarity (?)
Tonality (?)

Unknown until we get some V2 comparisons.

For those that like soundstage and bass depth, there is not much choice from HEK V1 & V2,
Except maybe Abyss (more $$$)

Sep 25, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #240 of 386
Yes and not, this move (V2 version 6 months after launch of HEX and 1 year after HEK) would be correct if they didn't do the beta testers program
This is the product that the beta testers wanted, so this "V2 versions" should've been released one year ago, that's the purpose of a beta testers program, to know what your customers want.

Is normal to improve products, Sennheiser launched HD800S six years after and without public beta testers program...what Hifiman did is reserve the opinions of the beta testers to save the R&D for a V2 version, and of course to make more money of that second revision, not a very honest way to do things.

Focal was the wisest company, I'm sure they hired someone to read Head-fi one entire year, recollected info, and they said: OK, a headphone like this and another like that, and...boom, totally disrupted everything. Oh, and very wise pricing decisions, they have a nice opportunity to collect feedback of the 1kusd and the 4kusd headphone and release a 2kusd headphone that suits another part of the market...that's how you do things right, what Hifiman is doing is laughing at customer's face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back