Break-in vs worn out?
post-14500800
Post #1 of 3

SoundDouble

Previously known as Nunook
Reaction score
Question for everyone that agrees with breaking in their hp and iem.

If the point of breaking in the gear is to loosen it up for proper sound. How many hours of use would you say before gear has lost its sound? Meaning at what point do you say the speakers have become so worn out that they don't sound how they're supposed to?

post-14500854
Post #2 of 3

ProtegeManiac

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
If the point of breaking in the gear is to loosen it up for proper sound. How many hours of use would you say before gear has lost its sound? Meaning at what point do you say the speakers have become so worn out that they don't sound how they're supposed to?
Earpads: Uncomfortable, weird sound

Ear tips: Uncomfortable, weird sound, won't stay put when it used to, really filthy

Drivers: absolutely obvious distortion, zero sound output (double check wiring though)

post-14501234
Post #3 of 3

buke9

Headphoneus Supremus
Help and Recommendation Contributor
Reaction score
I’ve found only one headphone that changed much with break in and not so much with others including earphones. Have a couple of 40 year old headphones and they are still going strong.
I’m pretty ambivalent on burn in as only one headphone and one dac changed much for me but still not a bad practice of letting something run for a day or two to see that it can run for a day or two wether it changes the sound or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)