Break in time for Sony V6's?
Jun 30, 2002 at 2:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Khazim

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, I just got the Sony MDR-V6 headphones and I was wondering what the break in time for them are. I think I've read 40 hours before I think, but I'm not sure. Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 30, 2002 at 5:20 PM Post #2 of 10
Hi Khazim,

Hope you like your new cans. It took about 40 hrs/2 weeks before the brightness settled down a little and the bass started blooming. Also, i would recommend the beyer velour pads for added comfort.

Jun 30, 2002 at 5:48 PM Post #3 of 10
I actually find the stock pads pretty comfortable. I've had em on for a few hours now and they're fine. I'll probably get some after a while though.

Thanks for the response
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 1, 2002 at 1:48 AM Post #4 of 10
Don't worry about the burn-in time, just enjoy your new cans
smily_headphones1.gif
I asked the very same question when i received my sr325's, but you'll just forget about how long it'll take, instead, enjoy your new set of "blooming" headphones.

Jul 1, 2002 at 4:20 AM Post #5 of 10
Well I'm letting em burn in now, but I'll still use em before 40 hours is up (it's night time anyway and I'm going to sleep soon).

I was wondering if it's normal for them to be really sensitive at the connector. When I just barely touch the end plug it right phone won't work sometimes and they both crackle alot when I touch the connector (Sorry if I'm not getting the correct names right... I'm new to this kinda stuff). This is both on my old Sony and new iRiver ChromeX portable CD players.

Jul 1, 2002 at 1:44 PM Post #6 of 10
It's been 10 hours so far and I've bumped up the volume from 3|| to 5||| on my Sony walkman (Couldn't use my ChromeX because I don't have an AC adapter for it). I just hope that the connector won't be a problem.

Jul 2, 2002 at 7:00 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Khazim
I was wondering if it's normal for them to be really sensitive at the connector. When I just barely touch the end plug it right phone won't work sometimes and they both crackle alot when I touch the connector (Sorry if I'm not getting the correct names right... I'm new to this kinda stuff). This is both on my old Sony and new iRiver ChromeX portable CD players.

Just bumping this... it kinda worries me...

Jul 2, 2002 at 11:32 AM Post #8 of 10
Crackling is an indication that something is oxidizing, i.e. dirty. That crackling is exactly what gold plated plugs are supposed to protect against. Try swabbing the jacks on your players with some alcohol, and wipe down both the minijack and the 1/4th inch adaptor jack for the V6s with alcohol as well.

Jul 3, 2002 at 4:55 AM Post #10 of 10
Hmm well I let em burn in for I think at least 42 hours. I'm now listening to em now, but through my crappy Sound Blaster PCI 128.

Wow... I'm listening to some of my own songs and normally they sound crappy as hell because my microphone is horrible, but my headphones actually make the songs sound better
eek.gif

I've also noticed that the bass is much less boomy, which isn't exactly a bad thing, except for I kinda like the boomy bass drum :\

Oh, I guess it was the wrong song I was listening to before
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, and Soul Coughing sounds amazing with these!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back