Break in for new Omega II's
Aug 9, 2006 at 12:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

jaybar

100+ Head-Fier
Mine should arrive tommorrow. I have been advised that it could take in excess of 250 hours. Is that correct? Any tips. I will be using an SRM 717.

Thanks,

Jay

Aug 9, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #2 of 12
Mine sound very good out of the box driven by the SRM 717, with less of the lower treble emphasis then the Lambda Nova Signature. OTOH, their bottom end is still not as extended as the LNS. I would guess I'm up to about 100 hours.

Aug 9, 2006 at 1:59 AM Post #3 of 12
First off, congratulations on the impending arrival of your new babies!

At the risk of going against common wisdom around here, I have seen few differences as my Omega IIs have accumlated hours on them. They were great at the beginning and they still are!
biggrin.gif

Aug 9, 2006 at 2:00 AM Post #4 of 12
Dont even worry in the slightest bit about the O2 and break in. Making sure that they are properly charged makes more of a difference in sound than 100+ hours of use does.

Aug 9, 2006 at 6:42 AM Post #7 of 12
I have noticed minor improvements since I first hooked up my Omega II`s.
But since all the components in my Headspeaker system is brand new, it might very well be cause by burn-in on other components. Like the DAC, Amplifier or cables.

Congrats!
lambda.gif

Aug 10, 2006 at 12:49 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaybar
They sound muffled right out of the box, is that mormal?

What's your DAC and amp?

Quote:

Also not as comfy as a friend's broken in pair. Do they get more comfortable.

Most headphone pads take a while to soften up. Pretty normal.

Aug 10, 2006 at 12:59 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaybar
They sound muffled right out of the box, is that mormal?

Also not as comfy as a friend's broken in pair. Do they get more comfortable.

Thanks,

Jay

The bass will very quickly go from slightly one-notish to full ranging and meaty and clean. This can also be a side effect of them not being charged properly, are you leaving the amp turned on and the headphones plugged in 24/7?

As for comfort, the SR-007 headband can be bent to be adjusted. I find that the best sound and fit comes from bending the headband inward slightly on both sides at the point where the two metal bars rise about 1 cm fro the earpieces into the main arc.

Also, ensure that you have the earpads rotated to the correct posision. The holes for your ears are D shaped and the flat side of the D should be at the back of your ear.

Aug 10, 2006 at 1:35 AM Post #11 of 12
Hey thanks for the info on OII fit. Always wondered what the best configuration of the pads should be. Though the sound is always great, the fit takes a bit to get right.

Aug 10, 2006 at 1:37 AM Post #12 of 12
My system

Ayre Integrated amp
Ayre CDP
Ayre phono stage
Cardas Golden Reference IC's throughout
Golden Refenence power cords from all components to Shunyata power conditioner
Shunyata Hydra 8 power conditioner
Shunyata Python Helix Alpha from power conditioner to the wall
Rega P9 TT with Benz Ruby
Cardas Neutral reference speaker cable
Harbeth Monitor 30's
Magnum Dynalab 100 converted to 102 tuner
Stax SRM 717
KGSS on audition from a fellow head-phone guy.

jay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back