1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by ear8dmg, Sep 9, 2009.
First

Back
158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167
169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178
Next

Last
  1. razor5cl
    I think the point is that if two pieces of gear are transparent, they both sound the same. As you go up in price, the goal of gear is to be transparent, so highest end gears sound similar(the same)

2. DefQon

The goal is to neutral and natural to original source as possible. 

3. razor5cl
    Yeah, so its kinda impossible for two pieces of (measurably)transparent gear to sound different.

4. DefQon

Measurement of transparency and subjectivity (sound impression) of transparency are very two different things. It's like the XO I'm drinking now to the scotch that I would be skulling down later.

5. HOWIE13
    That certainly can apply if the original recording is well engineered and produced. However, I have several classical recordings that sound awful through 'neutral' headphones with decent equipment, and have been independently reviewed as being poorly produced. For instance, remastered violins can sound bright and grating with DT880's but fantastic with HD650's.
    On the other hand, some classical vocals can sound over warm and poorly projected, lacking depth, with HD650's yet are just perfect with DT880's. I am only saying these as examples where the recording is badly managed. They are both excellent headphones.
    Balance can also be a problem. I have just bought a recently produced and well received recording for voice and piano where both are far to the right of the sound-stage on all my, and my friend's, equipment. Probably the recording engineer had a blocked right ear that day!

6. DefQon
    Drink more alcohol. Music sounds better this way.

7. razor5cl
    Energy drinks work too.

8. HOWIE13
    I'll give them a try sometime.[​IMG]

9. ostewart
    Another budget tube ap for you guys to take a look at, XDuoo TA-02 (MSRP $112) stock tubes are terrible, but i put some mullards in and it sounds great. Also looks sweet :) will test against my Ocean when the new one arrives.

10. UmustBKidn

Well actually, I just figured he was pulling my leg, so I added some humor [​IMG]

11. UmustBKidn

T7OrfExfN06c9-bxgx-n6Q2.jpg

12. ostewart
    They have released their Solid State amp, the Rock:

http://www.bravoaudio.com/Rock.html

Also got my replacement Ocean, put a mullard tube in and having lots of listening pleasure.

13. UmustBKidn

Wow. $199. Someone should show that to Jason [​IMG]

14. ostewart
    I hope to get one for review at some point soon.

15. ostewart
    Actually just found out the Rock is an old end of line product.

New solid state coming next week guys.

Will be getting one to review.

First

Back
158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167
169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178
Next

Last