1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by ear8dmg, Sep 9, 2009.
First

Back
148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157
159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168
Next

Last
  1. chinti
  2. razor5cl
    If you get Modi you'd need rca to rca, if you can afford it get the Pyst as they seem a little better built but you should be fine with Monoprice or similar. If you get ODAC I believe it has a 3.5mm output so you should be fine.

EDIT: The cable you have should be fine as you can plug the 3.5mm end into the Bravo and the RCA into the DAC.

3. chinti
    i think im getting the modi and the pyst rca cable, how bout the usb cable? it doesnt seems like it come with one

edit: ok i decided i will order modi, pyst rca and usb cable. what else am i missing? sorry i kinda noob in this cable stuff.
    current setup with AKG k240 MKii, waiting my Q701 to arrive.

1604952_10201288910217347_1191253088_n.jpg

4. razor5cl
    That should be it, power cables are included.

5. chinti
    alright thanks for the help. still waiting for my mullard tube as well.

6. razor5cl
    No problem. I'm still waiting for my Bravo V2 to leave the US.

7. UmustBKidn

Congrats! [​IMG]

I have used mine with both the Schiit Modi and the Pure i-20. You can read my impressions of the combination in this review.

I think the Schiit Modi is a no brainer. Until the Modi came out, a lot of people (in Budget-Fi land) used the ODAC. I have never personally tried the ODAC, but the few posts I've read where people have compared the two, seemed to indicate the Modi was at least equal to, if not better (and cheaper).

As for cables, you'll need a USB cable like this one, and an RCA cable like this one. I don't necessarily endorse either of those particular cables - that's just the type of connectors you'll need.

8. UmustBKidn

Oooo.. what type of Mullard did you get?

9. White Lotus
    Just so you guys know, I am letting go of my own V3 on the FS/FT forums.

10. razor5cl
    I think the advantage of the ODAC is that you can get it in the same enclosure as the O2, so if you want one of those as well(even for a second amp) it is more convenient. The Modi looks cooler though. The problem in the UK is that the Schiit official dealer sells it for £99 plus shipping.

11. chinti
  12. money4me247 Contributor
  13. razor5cl
    Why did you buy 2?

14. UmustBKidn

The 60's vintage rebranded Mullards are decent tubes. That is a fair price for them. I've also used that seller in the past, and they are reliable (at least for me).

Those tubes will be a significant improvement over the stock tubes. I think you will enjoy the sound! [​IMG]

15. ostewart
    My Ocean has developed some nasty crackling :frowning2:

Not sure if it's the tube, or the caps or whatever :frowning2:

I was listening to it the other day, as usual and it suddenly started crackling. It used to be only when the amp warmed up, not it is constant.

It still plays music, but the crackling is pretty bad.

First

Back
148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157
159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168
Next

Last