Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Mar 5, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #6,076 of 6,668

I`ve actually already done a ton of that kind of checking, trying to narrow it down to specific files, file types, internal or SD, EQ on or off, etc.  All of my checking results in only one description: RANDOM.  

Like I said, my 120ii didn`t do it at all for the majority of its life and then suddenly started.  So maybe it started with a firmware update - that I don`t know.  

Regarding doing a factory reset : I have a lot of playlists that have taken me a lot of time to create.  Does anyone know a simple way to save these and restore them after the reset ? 

Anytime I have wiped my player and tried to put the M3U list back on the player, it never works. Its like the playlist is attached to the music, so wiping it is the same as wiping the playlist even though I saved it on my PC.

Mar 6, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #6,078 of 6,668
Man... I've put some natural burn-in time on the AK120ii now and this thing is seriously kicking ass across the board. Dynamic and explosive while being silky and layered... from memory the gap between it and the AK100ii is widening in my mind...

Seriously what an awesome... Layla is just dancing and singing like an angel right now. Definitely worth every penny for me

Mar 6, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #6,079 of 6,668
Black Dragon V2 balanced cable ordered... looking forward to the synergy with the AK120ii
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #6,080 of 6,668
Man... I've put some natural burn-in time on the AK120ii now and this thing is seriously kicking ass across the board. Dynamic and explosive while being silky and layered... from memory the gap between it and the AK100ii is widening in my mind...

Seriously what an awesome... Layla is just dancing and singing like an angel right now. Definitely worth every penny for me

Let me tell you, it's hard when I'm supposed to be testing other DAPs for review, because I always just want to go back to the AK120ii as soon as possible. :ksc75smile:

Mar 6, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #6,081 of 6,668
Let me tell you, it's hard when I'm supposed to be testing other DAPs for review, because I always just want to go back to the AK120ii as soon as possible.
ksc75smile.gif

While I dont do reviews, when my K10 were in for surgery, the second I put my TF10 in, I hated them. Its not even close to how much better the K10 are. They better be, they are in another league  and in line with TOTL IEM's.

Mar 6, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #6,082 of 6,668
The K10 has completely ruined other headphones for me. It's still the most well-rounded, does-everything-just-right headphone I've ever heard.

Mar 6, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #6,085 of 6,668
I think you will enjoy it.

Yeah definitely looking forward to it. Your impressions helped seal the deal for me, along with Drew's reasonable pricing.

Some these Layla cables are the price of getting a JH Rosie as a 2nd IEM.

I will try not to hype these up
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #6,086 of 6,668
Still no success  for me to use the AK100.ii as a usb dac since firmware 1.29 and now 1.33 with my android phone(Galaxy note 4)
confused_face_2.gif
Ak100.ii works with my PC and Galaxy note 4 works with other dedicated usb dacs(i tried Hugo Chord mojo).

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #6,087 of 6,668
  Still no success  for me to use the AK100.ii as a usb dac since firmware 1.29 and now 1.33 with my android phone(Galaxy note 4)
confused_face_2.gif
Ak100.ii works with my PC and Galaxy note 4 works with other dedicated usb dacs(i tried Hugo Chord mojo).

AK 100II is a PC or MAC USB DAC but I don't believe that it is designed to be an Android USB DAC (perhaps given it is itself an Android device).

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #6,088 of 6,668
AK 100II is a PC or MAC USB DAC but I don't believe that it is designed to be an Android USB DAC (perhaps given it is itself an Android device).

Hi Philk34,actually it did work with my Notev4 perfectly before with earlier ak100.ii firmware.I ruled out my Samsung phone because I tried with aLG G3 that has also USB audio with same result.
Si something is broken and I cannot see how to fix it.
Akconnect is great for wireless streaming but there are still some audio programs (Spotify,etc...)that I can not use.

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #6,089 of 6,668
Hi Philk34,actually it did work with my Notev4 perfectly before with earlier ak100.ii firmware.I ruled out my Samsung phone because I tried with aLG G3 that has also USB audio with same result.
Si something is broken and I cannot see how to fix it.
Akconnect is great for wireless streaming but there are still some audio programs (Spotify,etc...)that I can not use.

I didn't notice that, sorry. 

Have you tried asking AK on Twitter? They never come here, it seems, but they are responsive on that medium (for the few I reached them).

Mar 9, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #6,090 of 6,668
  I didn't notice that, sorry. 

Have you tried asking AK on Twitter? They never come here, it seems, but they are responsive on that medium (for the few I reached them).

No problem i should have made that issue clearer that it was working before and not anymore.
I did not try twitter yet  but tried to reach them by mail(used their contact form to support on their online site) 2 months ago when firmware 1.29 xas released and i realized this issue but never got an answer.
Twitter seems like an excellent idea, thanks for that suggestion(I will have to create an account though just for that since i do not use facebook, twitter,etc... :frowning2: 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back