Brand new - Zishan Z2 DSD Player- AK 4490 - Link to order, Firmware update. page 1
Sep 9, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #421 of 678
Now, to rise the bar up...
How about replacing LPF SOIC8 opamp?

Is this the LPF SOIC8 opamp to the right of the 68kohm resistor?
Think i'll sort the caps first! lol....de-soldering the LPF will be tough!

IMG_5855.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #422 of 678
0.6mm wire was recommended by hifi collective - so I'll be using this next week:
https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-06-mm-solid-copper-core-22-awg-2-amp-bell-wire-10m-red-bl92a

I'll try evo-stick timebond glue or double sided tape to affix them to the pcb + maybe duct tape to isolate the connections? (Any other suggestions would be welcome....)

I've already lifted the battery at an angle, resting on the switches & adjacent to the the backplate - which leaves plenty of room for cap placement:-

Excellent, I think I will order this tomorrow, seems similar (well its not solid..:dt880smile:) although probably takes much longer to get here..

I've also started using double sided tape today (in a speaker crossover), seems to work really well and very easy. Only problem I see might be that if its really tight it adds thickness. And those 12,5mm caps are real tight in z2 :) The cap next to the side you have to tilt a little bit, as there is some irritating metal in the corner of the top case (look inside it, you'll see)

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #423 of 678
Excellent, I think I will order this tomorrow, seems similar (well its not solid..:dt880smile:) although probably takes much longer to get here..

I've also started using double sided tape today (in a speaker crossover), seems to work really well and very easy. Only problem I see might be that if its really tight it adds thickness. And those 12,5mm caps are real tight in z2 :) The cap next to the side you have to tilt a little bit, as there is some irritating metal in the corner of the top case (look inside it, you'll see)
As there's more room to play with - the 2200uf cap can be glued a few mm to the right...i.e. plenty of clearance from the metal ridge in the case lid (& still leaving enough room for both 220uf's.) :)

Sep 9, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #427 of 678
Every time I grab a soldering iron and open Z2 I consider it destroyed.
If it ends up working - it's an unexpected pleasant surprise! :L3000:
I'm getting that kinda reaction also! (even after soldering in the 68kohm resistor in paralell.) It feels like you need one Z2 to practice on - just to perfect any mods.....Keep us posted about replacing LPF SOIC8 - it is the one adjacent to the resistor? - kudos if you can upgrade that for sure!

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #433 of 678
Give it go and report back.
And welcome to the club! :ksc75smile:
PS: Z2 actually works best with high-impedance dynamic drivers earphones, and struggles a bit with BA/low impedance ones, so it should be a good match, lucky you are!
Hmm, high impedance dynamic earphones... i don't have any... i have more than 10 earbuds but all of them are 64ohm or less :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back