Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Oct 6, 2014 at 5:11 AM Post #2,041 of 4,426
Oct 6, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #2,042 of 4,426
Is it possible to try these at all without having to purchase ?

Any tours organized ? Does anyone in Perth own a pair who would be prepared to give me a listen ?

I think i am not interested but i need to listen to make sure and i am always looking to be pleasantly surprised.

Oct 7, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #2,044 of 4,426
Maybe one day there will be an Australian tour, though definitely not anything planned at this stage. I however, think a little more positive than lee730 above me. :wink:

Oct 7, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #2,045 of 4,426
lol sorry just being realistic. Although there is a chance someone will give him a demo. Not a very big one though... I'd wager the Ref. 1 would be a pretty substantial upgrade from the IEMs I see in his profile :wink:...

Oct 7, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #2,046 of 4,426
  lol sorry just being realistic. Although there is a chance someone will give him a demo. Not a very big one though... I'd wager the Ref. 1 would be a pretty substantial upgrade from the IEMs I see in his profile :wink:...

Have you heard the DITAS Lee ?  I know you appreciated the good things about the Sony EX1000 (apart from the spiky treble) Well the Ditas are better substantially than those IMO. They have very natural timbre with bass that sounds... well like it should. Not exaggerated and nicely textured. The DITAS are all i listen too. The others are all gone.

My comment about needing to be convinced is because recently i have come to appreciate that BAs are tonally incorrect IMHO (the ones i have heard that is) They make nice sounds but it is not a realistic portrayal of real music. I was thinking that since these are hybrids they may have conquered that fault to a degree. By the way i have listened to many TOTL sets over the past few months and for me the DITA is still king. There is nothing else i have heard which is as completely involving and natural sounding.

I am also yet to hear the AKG 3003 but another DITA owner i know has sort of put me off trying them with his direct comparisons .

So if the REF 1 has the Tonal accuracy of the DITA with all the other attributes you guys talk about i would be interested. Hence the desire to one day listen to them.

Oct 7, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #2,047 of 4,426
I haven't heard them. They do sound intriguing from what I'm reading. The Ref 1 is a bass heavy IEM and hits the deepest I've heard any IEM before. It has a ton of authority to it. If you are looking for more neutral bass the 1Plus2 would be more along those lines (I still consider it to be the best in terms of quality/control). I think the 1Plus2 portrays an accurate out of head sound staging with great clarity and imaging (there really aren't many IEMs that do that at all). The Ref 1 does have a bit more of a natural sound to it. Then again so does the SE5. In terms of realism, I think they all excel in that area with their own respective sound signatures (effortless is another thing that comes to mind).

The 1Plus2 rendered cymbals the most realistic to my ears (heck that could be said for acoustic instruments in general). The plucking of guitars, the fine detail. You get a similar effect on the ref 1 but with more body to the sound. Not as much air to it though. Mids are more upfront and personal. My pair seems to be settling in some. Bass isn't quite so overwhelming anymore. Still not getting that refinement in the treble I recall from the first pair. Might take more time I guess?

The AKG3003 on the other hand had a way of making the treble very exciting and splashy. Really made it stand out all the more due to this. I really liked this about them. At the same time depending on the tracks it could be problematic. I think both IEMs (1Plus2 and AKG3003) are better suited for medium to low volume listening to get their full potential.

Oct 7, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #2,049 of 4,426
Try the clear nail polish. Might be a little cleaner :p. Just don't get it into socket. Light coats on the side walls of the inner housing. Or better yet cut out small pieces of scotch tape and angle it inside. The Ref 1's I have seem to be rather tight fitting so no need to do it yet. I won't be changing out cables really so I don't think it will be an issue for me.

Oct 8, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #2,050 of 4,426
  Try the clear nail polish. Might be a little cleaner :p. Just don't get it into socket. Light coats on the side walls of the inner housing. Or better yet cut out small pieces of scotch tape and angle it inside. The Ref 1's I have seem to be rather tight fitting so no need to do it yet. I won't be changing out cables really so I don't think it will be an issue for me.

How's yours Ref.1 so far after some break in Lee?

Oct 8, 2014 at 5:29 AM Post #2,052 of 4,426

Haven't had too much time to listen to them at all today. I did have a listen on the X5 and it sound quite good out of that player :).

Write us some impressions Lee once available.

Cheers

Oct 9, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #2,054 of 4,426
Will do. Strange they seem to continue to improve burning them in. Using Sorens burnin file.

Once it passes 250 hours then you may have some solid idea on how it performs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back