Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Aug 13, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #1,531 of 4,426
I recommend this SACD to show off the capabilities of the AK240 + Ref1 balance combo:frowning2:like loudspeakers that give you goosebump)

http://www.sa-cd.net/showtitle/7672

I have this album and is really awesome!

Aug 13, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #1,532 of 4,426

Awesome thanks, havent downloaded a DSD track yet but really want to get the Michael jackson Thriller album on DSD, but cannot find anywhere for sale in the UK....if anyone knows a place which sells it please let me know!

Do you not have access to this:

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/94956/Michael_Jackson-Thriller-DSD

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #1,534 of 4,426
No fun, on checkout it notifies me I can't purchase it from outside the USA, very frustrating!

Yup! It's absolutely a pain but I guess some record companies think the rest of the world are suckers and will just buy CDs.

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #1,535 of 4,426
No fun, on checkout it notifies me I can't purchase it from outside the USA, very frustrating!

Yes this is incredibly frustrating. There is loads of music i would buy to download if it was available in Oztralya.

I love Jazz and all the Blue Note albums aren't available for download....
frown.gif

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #1,536 of 4,426

Yes this is incredibly frustrating. There is loads of music i would buy to download if it was available in Oztralya.

I love Jazz and all the Blue Note albums aren't available for download....
frown.gif

I've tried even VPN and unfortunately my VPN cloned Japan and thus not able to get album from this US site!

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #1,537 of 4,426
  I've tried even VPN and unfortunately my VPN cloned Japan and thus not able to get album from this US site!

Now, I have never remoted internationally to a client's computer, but in theory, it should have the same outcome...try my favorite remoting software, TeamViewer and remote into a friend's computer who lives in the U.S., then try to get your album.  TeamViewer has VPN as well, but I would just try the remote option first.

Hope this helps...if not...lemme know. 
normal_smile .gif

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #1,538 of 4,426

Now, I have never remoted internationally to a client's computer, but in theory, it should have the same outcome...try my favorite remoting software, TeamViewer and remote into a friend's computer who lives in the U.S., then try to get your album.  TeamViewer has VPN as well, but I would just try the remote option first.

Hope this helps...if not...lemme know. 
normal_smile%20.gif

Roughly understand your schematic but I'm no guru on computer and even VPN is something that I have for only 3 months.  It [VPN] brings new lives for me and my wife here in China as now each night we spent some good times on FaceBook/YouTube and with great sense of liberty.

Cheers

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #1,539 of 4,426
  Roughly understand your schematic but I'm no guru on computer and even VPN is something that I have for only 3 months.  It [VPN] brings new lives for me and my wife here in China as now each night we spent some good times on FaceBook/YouTube and with great sense of liberty.

Cheers

No worries.  TeamViewer is very easy to use for beginners, but is robust enough in the advanced options to support IT professionals and enterprise networks.  Not sure if Hong Kong blocks the connections, but if they don't, you should be good to go with a quick installation from you and your host (friend's) computer.

Either way, good luck!

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #1,540 of 4,426

No worries.  TeamViewer is very easy to use for beginners, but is robust enough in the advanced options to support IT professionals and enterprise networks.  Not sure if Hong Kong blocks the connections, but if they don't, you should be good to go with a quick installation from you and your host (friend's) computer.

Either way, good luck!

Many thanks.

Aug 14, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #1,542 of 4,426
  Guys, I am using Strong VPN with a US IP but still, you will need a credit card with a US address to buy digital files from Acoustic Sounds.

Do they not accept PayPal?

Aug 15, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #1,543 of 4,426
I tried the paypal option, but it still require myself to key in the card billing address (for my case a HK address which is invalid) before proceeding to keying in the card details.

The Ref1 is awesome by the way. This along with the Lab1(with Ortofon tips) is all I need for now. I tried Gavin's AK240 with the Uber cable and Ref1 with some DSD files. I never really liked the Ak240 before as I find it a little flat and dull compare to the Chord Hugo. With Gavin's setup though, I believe it is good enough for myself to grab the same setup and be content. 
L3000.gif

Aug 15, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #1,545 of 4,426
  I tried the paypal option, but it still require myself to key in the card billing address (for my case a HK address which is invalid) before proceeding to keying in the card details.

The Ref1 is awesome by the way. This along with the Lab1(with Ortofon tips) is all I need for now. I tried Gavin's AK240 with the Uber cable and Ref1 with some DSD files. I never really liked the Ak240 before as I find it a little flat and dull compare to the Chord Hugo. With Gavin's setup though, I believe it is good enough for myself to grab the same setup and be content. 
L3000.gif

Welcome to the club.  We all equipped with the same set up.  Hurray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back