Brand-new earphone: Ocharaku Flat-4 SUI launches at Tokyo Headphone Festival 2012 Spring
Apr 27, 2012 at 10:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

FUJIYAAVIC

Member of the Trade: FujiyaAvic
Please see Our Facebook Album; (Include English and Japanese Press Releases)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.317555201650546.73766.109645602441508&type=1

Brand new earphone Ocharaku Flat-4 Sui launches at Tokyo Headphone Festival 2012 Spring,
available June 2012.
http://ocharaku.jp/sound/service/

Ocharaku means "Enjoy(楽) sound(音) and Tea(茶)",
sound manufacturer by Makoto Yamagishi.(ex.Director of sound development of Sony)
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003537723820

Apr 27, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #3 of 36
Hmmm, interesting design though I can't really fully understand how it works.

[EDIT] There seems to be a few tech sections on Ocharaku website that tries to explain how it works.

Apr 28, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #6 of 36
That is a very interesting design. I think SonoCore did something similar to this (without that second sound bore that leads into the first) though with their co-axial design. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message :p

May 2, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #8 of 36
They are only local right now it seems, so nothing in the US yet (I contacted about reviewing). The pricing on the website says 33000 yen (I think it's yen).

Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message :p

May 2, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #9 of 36
That's just over 400 bones Canadian, I'm looking forward to the reviews. They look interesting enough and the technology the company utilized also seems interesting.

thanks tinyman

May 2, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #10 of 36
That's just over 400 bones Canadian, I'm looking forward to the reviews. They look interesting enough and the technology the company utilized also seems interesting.

thanks tinyman

Got no review coming. They are only domestic as of now.

May 13, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #12 of 36
MuppetFace gets everything!!

I still don't get the whole phase cancelling thing. If one driver's purpose is to negate negative and unwanted frequencies then there should be a sound processor that controls the secondary driver.

If its just a dual dynamic with both drivers firing away from each other, but combined using an acoustic tube, the difference in phase would seriously mar the sound... :S so..
What IS GOING ON!

The facebook link seems to show a guy who seems to be involved with the sony PFR v-1

INTERESTING!

May 13, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #13 of 36
Actually all you need to do is to wire the 2nd driver in reverse (and thus produces the sound wave in negative phase) and make sure it can produce the proper peaks / resonances to cancel what you don't want. I suppose the later involves quite a lot of tuning.

Jun 21, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #14 of 36
I had a VERY VERY brief listen to these today at the Fujiya shop and I must say they sound rather "airy". I think I need to pop by the shop to have a listen to them again more closely next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back