braiwavz delta , vs other budget phones .
Nov 26, 2013 at 12:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

suman134

Headphoneus Supremus
     just received my brainwavz delta " review sample " , and im gona run through it with a review , im capable of .

comparing it with other budget phones , like meelec m9 , m6 , cw31 , ha-fx40 , pny midtown 200 , and a few more . for this time , i have a few engagements and they will keep me out of touch from head-fi for a while , but when i will return , i will do a shootout of these budget phones .
     all these phones have more then 60hrs of burn-in , except brainwavz delta , the main competition , i think is fx-40 , i myself asked people for a comparison of these two , but got just one reply , and im gona agree with it , fx-40 is more V shaped , has more bass and extension , and more treble energy too . but delta's timber is better , i think i should compare it with er-4p , they have similar sound sig .
     first i thought , is this it ? is this what they call " the budget king " ? but my perception changed , after listening it for an hour , it is capable , separation , timber , clarity and imaging is really nice for this price . and im itching to use these two words " class leading " , but i will save it for the review .

mine came with just one , which is the medium size ear tip , i would have appreciated the larger one , but this is okay .

here are a few pics of the contenders .

mdr-ex220lp , all rounder .

ue-200 . a bit like delta . and came with most no. of ear tips .

sonicgear ear-pump pro . boom boom with substance . and the best package .

pny midtown . a less sparky fx-40 .

jvc hafx-40 , my budget king .

could be the , No.1 contender .

a few changes that i would like to bring , to this phone are (1) either a straight or a 90 degree 3.5mm plug in spite of this 45 degree plug , (2) include a cable clip ,  (3)and a clearer left right channel marking . it took me a while to find out which one is left and which one is right . L and R written in white over the silver housing is a bit difficult to sight in low light conditions .

and then this is just my own perception .

watch this space , i will fill this up with more words about these phones and pics , have a beautiful time , good day , peace .

Nov 28, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #2 of 14
Sold both my FX 40's and my Delta's. The FX 40's treble harshness makes them not budget kings, but budget pretenders. No matter how long you burn them in, the carbon nanotube will not soften enough to keep that "smack" cymbal crash and harshness out of the equation, so IMO they are not contenders, but pretenders. The Delta's were nothing special at all, and actually showed me way TOO MUCH bass for a so caled balanced bass IEM, and thus it affected clarity and detail, and aside from the nice extended highs, simply fell flat in the budget race. The Philips SHE3580's win out by being balanced and consistent. Something neither of these other budget IEM's could show. 

Dec 2, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #3 of 14
  Sold both my FX 40's and my Delta's. The FX 40's treble harshness makes them not budget kings, but budget pretenders. No matter how long you burn them in, the carbon nanotube will not soften enough to keep that "smack" cymbal crash and harshness out of the equation, so IMO they are not contenders, but pretenders. The Delta's were nothing special at all, and actually showed me way TOO MUCH bass for a so caled balanced bass IEM, and thus it affected clarity and detail, and aside from the nice extended highs, simply fell flat in the budget race. The Philips SHE3580's win out by being balanced and consistent. Something neither of these other budget IEM's could show. 

its personal , to me , she3570/80/90 is just a phone with bass , nice mids , avg. sound stage and tamed highs , clarity is okay  , instruments are not much separable , sound stage is not to the mark , like a small pizza box with a bit more depth . and bout bass , its boomy at times , decay is northward at times , for example in lupe _ bitch bad .but not delta , till now .
    i haven't spent much time with delta , but they have sound stage , and nice separation for a budget phone , bass has not opened up till last time i heard it , and never boomed , top end extension is nice , only complain i have is , it sounds is a bit grainy and hollow , v shaped but slightly till now .
    and about hafx-40 , its sound sig is totally v shaped , but i enjoy treble spark , bass is nice to me , mids have a back seat , but they are good , and nice clarity , nice sound stage , instruments are separable , for now , i think delta wins , for its more forward mids and sound stage , and i think she3580 should try to beat hafx-40 then try to beat delta . and jokers 7.2/10 for hafx-40 is good enough to show , how good they are . she357/8/90 should compete with es18 first .

hold on , this review will be up in a weak .

Dec 2, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #4 of 14
Mids are too far back for my liking. Prefer the LG Quadbeats to them by a comfortable margain. I also find the FX40s more of my liking compared to the Deltas, even on Hip Hop tracks.

Dec 2, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #5 of 14
Mids are too far back for my liking. Prefer the LG Quadbeats to them by a comfortable margain. I also find the FX40s more of my liking compared to the Deltas, even on Hip Hop tracks.

+1

Dec 2, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #6 of 14
let me burn them , for at least 100hrs , then i will give them a verdict , and yes , quadbeats are clearer then all these phones listed above . and
    @IEMagnet01 , you should try pny midtown , you might like them .

Dec 2, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #7 of 14
I'm wondering about those PNY Midtowns?? They have the 100 and 200 series, and both are about the same cost as the Philips SHE3590? How good are they? 

Dec 2, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #8 of 14
  I'm wondering about those PNY Midtowns?? They have the 100 and 200 series, and both are about the same cost as the Philips SHE3590? How good are they? 

no idea about pny 100 or 200 uptown , but about the midtown , they are really nice if you dont like bumped top end , less fatiguing , smooth , and , small , one of the best cables i have seen on any budget phone . they are cute to me , to be clear , i dont like the she3590 , i like 3570/80 or she3680 , they are less boomy .

Dec 2, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #9 of 14
I'm going to order a pair based on your recommendation. Thanks. I looooooove the cable!

Dec 5, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #10 of 14
The best budget IEM's in the world are the VSONIC VSD1S. There's no real competitor, and sonically they leave the Deltas, 3580, FX40's, Superlux HD381, and Monoprice 8320 sounding like Skullcandy Ink'd buds! Truth.

Dec 5, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #11 of 14
The best budget IEM's in the world are the VSONIC VSD1S. There's no real competitor, and sonically they leave the Deltas, 3580, FX40's, Superlux HD381, and Monoprice 8320 sounding like Skullcandy Ink'd buds! Truth.

pay $10 more and get ue600 at $60 , and hear vsd1/s biting dust .

Dec 5, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #12 of 14
MH1s are the true budget kings, EQ the bass down and it blows the VSD1/S away, EQed Quadbeat 2 beats themt too. The VSD1/S are nice but they lack some treble extension and bass tighness, the latter can be fixed with EQ but the not the lack of treble extension. 

Dec 5, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #13 of 14
  MH1s are the true budget kings, EQ the bass down and it blows the VSD1/S away, EQed Quadbeat 2 beats themt too. The VSD1/S are nice but they lack some treble extension and bass tighness, the latter can be fixed with EQ but the not the lack of treble extension. 

mh1/c are some of the best budget phones i have seen so far , but they have those annoying asymmetrical flimsy flat cables which turns me off , sq is nice i must say . and they are as cheap as $20 and at this price they are not beatable if you can deal with the cable problem . if you keep thing to sq only mh1/c beats all these phones mentioned above .

Dec 6, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #14 of 14
can't buy the MH1C's for $20.00 anymore. They are not that secret anymore. they sell for between $40-80 now, and yes, I owned them when they were the FOTM here, and no matter how good the sound is, and it is good, that design is such an abortion, with that completely abyssmal J-Cord thing, that they are trashcan iem's IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back