Brainwavz Reveals their M4 with some pictures and information!
Nov 6, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #61 of 92

Quote:
Quote:
i was asking about the no-mic version, but that's enough.
and how are the vocals? any comparision with another iem?

Non-mic version has a different cable.  Strain relief should be the same though. 

As for vocals:
  1. Male vocals are slightly recessed, only slightly though (compared to the rest of the mids).  They still retain great dynamics though which bring great vocalists to life, but can't do anything to the boring dry vocalist (something Etymotics can do well in my opinion).  They still seem natural though.
  2. Female vocals are a little forward compared to the mid-range instrumentals.  It's a lot more lively than male vocals. 
  3. Overall, the vocals are not the best, but they can give other IEMs a run for their money.  The vocals, like the mids, are not the focus of these IEMs, so if you are looking for a mid/vocal-focused IEM, these aren't it.  The main focus for me seems to be the low end on these. 

oh many thanks
seems like i'd cancel my order. i thought the lows werent that strong
but to be sure how you compare the vocals to the RE0 's?

Nov 6, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #62 of 92

Quote:
oh many thanks
seems like i'd cancel my order. i thought the lows werent that strong
but to be sure how you compare the vocals to the RE0 's?

My RE0s don't work anymore :frowning2:  I'd compare directly, but I can't.  From memory, they are actually pretty equal in quality.  The lows aren't overpowering at all...  They tone down a lot with burn in. 

Nov 8, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #63 of 92
Hey guys, haven't been here for some time, but for those interested, here's a review I did of the M4's: http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=23198

Nov 9, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #65 of 92

Quote:
and size-wise how are they compared to the 0/zero. the hifiman have a perfect size/fit for me. but a slightest larger/bigger design might be a miss for me , as it was with the Xcited

Judging by eyes, I'll say the housing is very close to that of the original RE0.

Nov 9, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #66 of 92

Quote:
and size-wise how are they compared to the 0/zero. the hifiman have a perfect size/fit for me. but a slightest larger/bigger design might be a miss for me , as it was with the Xcited

With a direct comparison, the M4s are slightly larger than the RE0s.  Basically the M4s are the size of the RE0s + 1mm (in diameter) from my naked eyes.  The difference isn't too noticeable. 

Nov 9, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #67 of 92

Quote:
Quote:

Judging by eyes, I'll say the housing is very close to that of the original RE0.

Quote:
With a direct comparison, the M4s are slightly larger than the RE0s.  Basically the M4s are the size of the RE0s + 1mm (in diameter) from my naked eyes.  The difference isn't too noticeable. 

i see. but 1mm could make a difference to my ears. 
well i still have 11 days to cancel my order if i change my mind

Nov 10, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #69 of 92

Quote:
I need a pair of IEMs, my budget is under 50-60, I listen to rock and I own and love a pair of MS1. Buy or no buy?

I don't know how the MS1s sound.  However, these IEMs seem to be perfectly suited for rock. 

Nov 10, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #70 of 92
Since I own both I can say in fair certainty that if you like MS1, you will love M4. It does sound like a miniature MS1, but better in bass.

Nov 11, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #73 of 92

Quote:
Oh and I have one more question: are these worth the 30$ more than the M1?

In the audio world of diminishing return, yes. But you ought to know M1 doesn't sound like M4 at all and sometime it is not all about what it is worth over, but how well it is going to fit your taste.

Nov 11, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #75 of 92

Quote:
In the audio world of diminishing return, yes. But you ought to know M1 doesn't sound like M4 at all and sometime it is not all about what it is worth over, but how well it is going to fit your taste.

I'm going to have to agree with this statement.  Both IEMs have a great bang for the buck.  The M4s excell more in total quality, however, like ClieOS said, that quality isn't everything.  What is sometimes a deal breaker (which can make a 200 dollar IEM preferable over a 500 dollar one) is sound preference.  M1s tended to be more balanced for me (with rolled off highs), while the M4s had more of a V-shape. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back