Brainwavz M3 upgrade
Jan 24, 2011 at 1:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

waleman

New Head-Fier
Hello people.

I am currently using Brainwavz M3's with a Cowon S9 and Fii0 E7, the sound isn't bad but I want to try something a bit better, I've just ordered an Sflo2 from MP4N (hopefully I'll receive it within 2 months!!), so that should help, but what about a good set of IEM's in the $200-250 range? Also, is the E7 good enough?

Should point out, I am based in London and a lot of Amps & IEM's mentioned on here are quite difficult to find.

Thanks.

Jan 24, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #2 of 8
MTPC
DBA-02
Westone 2
IE7
Triple Fi 10

take your pick or check ljokerl's thread

Jan 24, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #4 of 8
Is the westone 2 a good all rounder? I have all genres of music (except country & western!!) on my player, so want something versatile that's good with all music, detailed, but kicking the bass in when needed.

Jan 26, 2011 at 4:33 AM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
Is the westone 2 a good all rounder? I have all genres of music (except country & western!!) on my player, so want something versatile that's good with all music, detailed, but kicking the bass in when needed.

I think it is. You shouldn't expect it to have the quantity of bass in the M3 though. There's enough for me though and i'm as partial to dubstep as anyone else. If you want more bass in that range maybe consider either a dynamic driver iem or the Fischer audio dual one.

Jan 27, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #8 of 8
I'm a bit wary of buying Monsters, lot of fakes around. Also, it seems like you have to be quite precise in how much you insert them in your canals, too much and you lose the sound quality. I got some M-Jamz for xmas from my brother, can't say I've been overwhelmed by them, but Golds/Copper/MD I know would be a huge improvement. I have q-jays, but they are just lacking a little for me. I've ordered some Westone UM2's...let's see how they perform! I do like my M3's though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back