Brainwavz M100 Earphones - New Release
Nov 30, 2016 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

Salsera

Member of the Trade: Brainwavz

Brainwavz latest earphones the “M100” have been delicately crafted from aircraft grade metal, contained within are hand crafted drivers constructed of high purity copper voice coil and a feather light diaphragm, which combine to create the M100's high fidelity audio. The wide soundstage, well defined bass and clarity make the M100 suitable for most genres of music.

The Brainwavz M100 comes with a universal 3-button control built into the cable for both audio playback and microphone for audio calls. As the M100’s have been designed with comfort in mind, the earphones have been meticulously designed to sit comfortably inside the ear canal and for extra and added comfort: a complimentary set of Comply™ Foam tips are also included.

The Brainwavz M100 will retail for US$89.50 and will be available on Brainwavzaudio.com, Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk and other authorized Brainwavz resellers around the globe.

For more information visit the product pages:

Brainwavz M100 Earphones @ Brainwavzaudio.com

Brainwavz M100 Earphones @ Amazon.com

Additional information

Specifications:

1. Drivers : Dynamic, 8 mm
  2. Rated Impedance : 32 Ω
  3. Frequency Range : 12 Hz ~ 22 kHz
  4. Sensitivity : 110 dB @ 1 mW
  5. Plug : 3.5 mm, Gold-Plated
  6. Cable : Braided 1.3 m OFC Copper
  7. Remote & Mic: 3 Button, Apple & most Android phones compatible.

Included Accessories:
  1. Earphone Hard Case
  2. 6 sets of Silicone Ear Tips (S M L)
  3. 1 set of ComplyFoam Tips T-400
  4. 1 Shirt Clip
  5. Velcro Cable Tie        
  6. Instruction Manual & Warranty Card (24 month warranty)

clip_image003.png

Nov 30, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #2 of 46
Pretty cool! I'm always down to listen to a Dynamic thoroughbred! 

EDIT: Not down to listen to this one in particular though. See my review here: 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-m100-iem-noise-isolating-earphones-with-remote-microphone-headset-for-iphone-ipad-ipod-android-devices/reviews/17577

Dec 2, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #5 of 46
Is there already a product page here on Head-Fi for the M100?

Anyway, I've got it in my hands and ears for a few weeks now, and when I had to describe its sound, I would say that it sounds very warm, very smooth, very dark and thick as well as coloured in the mids. Overall, I would also say that it sounds like an even stronger coloured adaption of the Koss Porta Pro with the thicker mids, stronger fundamental range, stronger bass/midbass and (even) less present treble.

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #6 of 46

Anyway, I've got it in my hands and ears for a few weeks now, and when I had to describe its sound, I would say that it sounds very warm, very smooth, very dark and thick as well as coloured in the mids. Overall, I would also say that it sounds like an even stronger coloured adaption of the Koss Porta Pro with the thicker mids, stronger fundamental range, stronger bass/midbass and (even) less present treble.

Because the thread was posted by Brainwavz staff. :wink:

What would you say the most suitable genre for them is?

Looking forward to reviewing these in the next couple of weeks. I've always been a huge fan of the Brainwavz stuff. These look proper high-quality!

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #7 of 46

Because the thread was posted by Brainwavz staff. :wink:

What would you say the most suitable genre for them is?

Looking forward to reviewing these in the next couple of weeks. I've always been a huge fan of the Brainwavz stuff. These look proper high-quality!

I was actually asking for a product page in the "head gear" subsection to post my review there. :wink:

Anyway, I would say, as for everything, it totally depends on personal preference. Saying headphone x is best suited for genre y doesn't make to much sense because individual tastes might be way different (some might prefer a v-shaped in-ear for classical whereas someone else might listen to EDM with a neutral headphone).

I'd say that the M100 might be enjoyed by those who enjoy the PortaPro, that's for sure.

I have unfortunately nver heard anything from Audioquest, however I think that the M100's tuning might be as controversially seen as the NightHawk's and while some love it, some will find it way too coloured sounding. I'm definitely not too euphoric about how it sounds even though I've now had it for three weeks. Eventually I found myself enjoying it, however there are quite a few things that I think are somewhat too much off from a balanced sound from a more objective point of view.

Dec 4, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #12 of 46
http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-m100-iem-noise-isolating-earphones-with-remote-microphone-headset-for-iphone-ipad-ipod-android-devices/reviews/17483

Review is up for M100.

Cheers

Dec 5, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #13 of 46
I've got Nighthawks and will be getting M100 in soon. I'll let people know what I think!

Looking forward to hearing what you think. I personally feel the stock sound signature is a bit of a flub (as seems to be the general consensus so far), however, taking some time and effort to address their issues with an equalizer you can get some pretty great sound out of them. Stock =
frown.gif
 EQ'd = 
etysmile.gif

Dec 5, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #14 of 46
My M100s are just in! Gonna put them through the burner!

Love the provided case btw.

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #15 of 46
Holy mid-bass and nothing but mid-bass Batman.

I'm sure there is someone out there who may like this type of sound, but I really think Brainwavz needs to change the way they describe their sounds. "Tuned for clear sound with well-defined bass." Is not how I'd describe these at all. More like "tuned for tons of mid-bass and nothing at all above 1k". If they want to cater to the Head-fi community they need to make something much more linear with a lot more clarity and detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back