Brainwavz Dual Balanced Armature Loaner/Audition Program - Reviewers Wanted :)
Feb 17, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #17 of 32
Wow, it looks to me like you already have plenty of potential reviewers with experience with other IEM.  I can sit this one out unless you really want to add one more person in the USA to the list.

I have experience with a few dual armature IEM in the past, and currently have the Westone 2 dual armature.  I currently have the Westone 1, 2, 3, 4, and UM3X, Triple.fi 10vi Pro, Monster Turbine Pro Gold, RE252 and RE262, Brainwanz M2 and M3, Nuforce NE-700X and NE-7M NE-8, Maximo i590 version for iPhone, Sunrise Audio Xcape, plus my 4-year old IM716 and Denon AH-C700.  I'm sure there are a few other's that I've forgotten about (I'm not counting the Skullcandy Smokin' buds for iPhone).

I'd use some of the following as sources/amps - iPhone 4 and 6G Nano, with or without Pico Slim or SR-71b amps, uDAC-2 and DACport with Macbook Pro, and HiFiMan HM-602 and 801 hi-res DAPs.

I could spend a week with them and post impressions, and pay shipping to the next person.  I'm also okay if you can't fit me in, no worries.

Feb 23, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #19 of 32
If you do a Canada loaner program I would love to review this IEM as I have been interested in this type of IEM for a while.

I have reviewed the MP4Nation Beta and M2, Monster Turbine Pro Copper, Denon AHC-560R, Audio Technica CKS70, Sennheiser IE8, HD600, Denon AH-D7000, currently preparing a review of the Denon DN-HP700 as we speak.

Mar 4, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #23 of 32
I'd like to audition these. I currently have  W3,UM3x and TF10's.  I used to have the UM2's, Grado GR8's, Atrios, and SM3's as well as most Shure products. I can give a pretty good review on long usage comfort/isolation/and general fit in a noisy environment as well as in a normal listening environment. I have a few different sources to compare it on although honestly I'd most like to compare them head to head with CK10's and DBA-02's.

Apr 5, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #24 of 32
Would love to review a pair. Particularly if I can send them off to someone else in Australia afterwards.

Currently own
- re0
- Brainwavz m2
- ATH m50
- Superlux 668b

Sources are:
- Laptop with fiio e7 + e9
- Sflo:2
- Iphone 4

May 1, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #26 of 32
I'll put my hat in again, hopefully I'll get picked this time. I want to compare these versus my current crop of IEM's. I'll be using my iPod classic and Cowon J3 as well as a laptop. My music tastes are pretty diverse so they'll get a workout. Thanks for the opportunity.

May 10, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #27 of 32
Got 'em yesterday.
HeadphoneAddict is next on the list...
You still doing this? Sent you a PM. Let me know if you're not and it'll go to the next victim....er... participant. 
wink_face.gif

May 10, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #28 of 32

Quote:
Got 'em yesterday.
HeadphoneAddict is next on the list...
You still doing this? Sent you a PM. Let me know if you're not and it'll go to the next victim....er... participant. 
wink_face.gif

Well, I have not been feeling good for the past few months and wanted to limit my reviews.  So I took myself off the list on 2/25, but I'm not sure what to do now.  I can still listen to them and report my findings, but I suspect I wont find anything different than what's already posted.  I think it would be better if I try a pair of these later with the new copper cable of the final version (especially if it's been further tuned with audio filters).

May 11, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #29 of 32
All rightie then....
On to Anaxilus they go.

May 14, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #30 of 32
Thanks Shane. Anaxilus will be the last USA reviewer for these loaners, after he is done with it i'll ask Anaxilus to send it to our USA forwarding address. The next round will be with the production version :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back