Brainwavz Delta Earphones are Breaking
May 25, 2015 at 7:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

MtDewdGMM

New Head-Fier
Hey Head-Fi, A few months ago, I bought a set of Brainwavz Delta in ear headphones, because they were on sale for just $12 and had pretty good reviews saying that they gave the performance of much better headphones. Over time, though, they have kind of been breaking in that I would plug my headphones in and get a kind of muddled half-sound from my music that was just unbearable. It seemed as if a few parts of the music were being played, while others were completely not there; most often, when this problem occurs, I lose the bass, percussion, and high treble.

I have tried the headphones in my computer and iPod, but the problem persists, so I know that it is a problem with the headphones. Usually when I get this horrible audio quality, turning the headphone connector until I find a "sweet spot" has actually made the problem go away, though lately, I find that "sweet spot" harder and harder to get to, sometimes where I just give up in frustration and don't listen to music.

When I first got the headphones, I would walk around listening to music on them with my phone in my pocket, but that caused a popping sound to come from them in just my left ear, so I stopped. They have also been through the washing machine once accidentally, though they worked just fine after.

I don't know if either of these incidents could have caused this audio problem, nor do I know when specifically the problem started; it just kind of got worse. If you guys know anything about any problems like this or how one could resolve it, it would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks for your time!

Users who are viewing this thread