Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth In Ear Monitors - Discussion Thread
Jun 5, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #46 of 85
Normally if you're BLU-100 (or any other bluetooth device) works in doors, be it near to the source or far away, in or not in your pocket/bag, but has issues outside, this is usually down to some sort of interference from either the environment or something else. Usually if you can get bluetooth devices to work fine in one environment and not in the other, then something is interfering with the signal from your source device to your earphones.

Try turning your wifi off when outdoors. Usually phones which have wifi on, but not connected to any wifi network, will try to continually search for networks, this can cause signal interference with bluetooth.

Check also your apps, apps that need to sync a lot or use GPS even in the background will run interference. I would recommend as a control test to simply turn off mobile data and gps and then go out and see if you still get the same problem with your earphones. You may also want to turn off anonymous reporting in your android setting.

Along with the above suggestions, you may want to remove any case you might have on the phone to see if that changes anything.

^ Thank you. What you said makes sense and is consistent with what I read about bluetooth before. I did try each and every suggestions that you provided.

I am not getting any improvement though. I found a particularly bad spot, turned off wifi/syncing/GPS apps/mobile data, take off PLASTIC phone case and even put phone to airplane mode. Nothing improved.

What is funny was that, at that bad spot, my phone reported no other bluetooth device. As soon as I put phone in my pants' pocket and turned around, music would be cutting off constantly. At that "bad spot", there was no people/cell phone/phone visible within 25 meters from me, but there might be many phones within 200 meters from me (the spot was the parking lot of my son's school, time was 5:50PM - many parents with cell phones were probably pesent at the time within 200 meters from me).

My phone is an Oneplus One on latest Cynogen OS (modified Andriod 5.0 Lollipop), if that matters.

Jun 5, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #47 of 85
@zzffnn - don't worry - you're not the only one.

I've been using them for the last 3-4 weeks, mainly around exercise.  Today I relegated them to the storage box.  The cut-outs were just getting too annoying.  Concept is great, and sound is very good when EQ'd.  They just need some more stability with the signal.

Jun 5, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #48 of 85
Brooko,
You know I really want to like these Blu-100s. Except for signal cut outs outside, they are almost perfect exercise earphones - they fit my ears well and sound good when EQ'd. Wireless really goes well with exercise. Pricing was great. But I just could not finish a song without 2-3 drop outs most of the time :frowning2:

Jun 6, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #49 of 85
beerchug.gif

Total agreement

Jun 6, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #50 of 85
Brooko,
You know I really want to like these Blu-100s. Except for signal cut outs outside, they are almost perfect exercise earphones - they fit my ears well and sound good when EQ'd. Wireless really goes well with exercise. Pricing was great. But I just could not finish a song without 2-3 drop outs most of the time :frowning2:

I am not Brooko but I too agree with you, next time may be, this will be the first thing they will take care of.

Jun 6, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #51 of 85
hey if itshelp ro the dropouts, i had some untill i removed the pairing from my phone of the other bluetooth stereo device i had paired. after that it worked fine.

i know it should have made no difference having something else paired to the phone, but just saying what happened.

Jun 6, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #52 of 85
hey if itshelp ro the dropouts, i had some untill i removed the pairing from my phone of the other bluetooth stereo device i had paired. after that it worked fine.

i know it should have made no difference having something else paired to the phone, but just saying what happened.

Thanks Mark. My phone has had no other bluetooth pairing though - that was the first thing that I made sure. I even unchecked "accept all files" and did "forget this device" to avoid neighbor's bluetooth devices in phone's setting. No improvement.

Jun 6, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #53 of 85
Thanks Mark. My phone has had no other bluetooth pairing though - that was the first thing that I made sure. I even unchecked "accept all files" and did "forget this device" to avoid neighbor's bluetooth devices in phone's setting. No improvement.

hmm, in that case i can only imagin its that where you are there is simply too much 2.4ghz noise.

if you have inssider it should show up wifi but even then there are tons of things taht use 2.4 ghz.  any wireless stuff basically and not all of it plays nice with other things.  wireless kb and mice, tv transmitters, baby monitors etc etc.

if you use wifi yourself try and put everthing you can onto 5ghz.  i know myself when 2.4 wifi is transmitting a lot of data it affects my bluetooth mouse

Jun 26, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #55 of 85
Would this work with Amazon Fire TV?

Jun 27, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #56 of 85
Jun 29, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #58 of 85
It does have Bluetooth. I think I'll try it.

Thanks...

Just make sure that it has Bluetooth output and you should be fine. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back