Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Dec 19, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #1,216 of 1,431
I can nolonger recommend the purchase of the Brainwavz B2 headphones.  Let me be clear.  I love these headphones.  They sound great and I will continue to use them 1 to 2 hours a day while traveling and such.  They are my favorite IEMs right now.  This leads to the question as to why I can't recommend them.  I have had a very small issue.  The tip of the right ear (the black part past the red band) has come unglued.  While this is a minor issue and can be resolved with some carefully placed superglue I decided to contact YourBrainwaves.com and ask their recomendation.  My headphones (at the original time of the issue) were only about 2-3 months old.  My issue is that I have emailed YourBrainwaves multiple times asking for their recomended solution to the issue.  In nearly a month I have not gotten one reply.  If I were having a serious issue their lack of response would be a major problem.  So in the end their product is fine but they as a company do not know how to treat their customers.  I will update this thread if they get back to me but for right now Love the product...Not happy with the company.

So much for "BRAINWAVZ B2 earphones will come with a 1 year swap for new warranty, should anything go wrong with the unit, you only need to send the earphones and we will send back a brand new unit sealed retail unit to you." 

Ohh Yea.  The short comply foams that come with the B2s are the best tip.  However the red color looks great new but disgusting with ear wax all over it after significant usage.  Just saying I bought black replacments when they wore out.

Where did you buy them? I'll try contacting the seller first, I contacted mp4nation as I bought it from them, they replied very quickly and just send them the last week, my issue was other anyway. I am just waiting till the earphones arrive to HK.

Dec 24, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #1,217 of 1,431
Quote:
Anyone owned B2's & had to return them to retailer/MP4Nation due to one of the drivers in one of the earpieces malfunctioning or dying ?

I did. And my second pair has the same issue now: imbalance on hi-freq. But I'm tired of returning back phones. S. I think I'll wait few months and upgrade to CK100Pro...

Mar 11, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #1,218 of 1,431
I have a pair of B2 on loan at the moment.

They have some of the nicest vocals I have ever heard from an IEM. Their tone / brightness levels is almost perfect my tastes. When I first plugged them in I was shocked at the quality these reproduce, clarity, separation and immediately started searching for a pair on the boards to buy. :D. I need to spend some more time with them, they sound best straight from my Rocco BA. Though 100% thumbs up from me on the B2, this is the kind of tonal levels I enjoy.

Good stuff Brainwavs!

Mar 23, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #1,220 of 1,431
Is there any good aftermarket tips for B2? I like the silicon tips they were supplied, but they tend to get stuck in my ear after I pull IEM:s out.

If not, then there is always complys..

Have a look for some Sony Hybrids, similar to these.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/200840039155?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #1,221 of 1,431
Quote:
Is there any good aftermarket tips for B2? I like the silicon tips they were supplied, but they tend to get stuck in my ear after I pull IEM:s out.

I don't particularly like how it sounds with the sony hybrids but they will fit. I usually use foam tips with it - shure olives or comply P. I'm though kinda interested in the new westone star tips and I probably should get a kit soon to test them out as they look promising.

Mar 23, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #1,222 of 1,431
Quote:

This things were made to be used with foam tips, the included comply are fine but they don't last, do yourself a favor and get some shure olives. 

Mar 23, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #1,223 of 1,431
Quote:
This things were made to be used with foam tips, the included comply are fine but they don't last, do yourself a favor and get some shure olives. 

I haven't found any difference in longevity between the olives and Comply's.
I use Comply P-series Standard - Large, with the tips trimmed flat to the core. No attenuation of the highs.

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #1,224 of 1,431
Quote:

I haven't found any difference in longevity between the olives and Comply's.
I use Comply P-series Standard - Large, with the tips trimmed flat to the core. No attenuation of the highs.

To be honest I only have used the single pair that came with the B2 so I can´t say for sure, but in my experience the shure olive does last longer but aren't as soft, plus I believe those are cheaper than the comply.

Mar 25, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #1,225 of 1,431
I've been using Shure "grey soft flex" silicon tips on my DBA-02's for the last 2+ years (same pair!). Pretty sure those were also the tips that Joker recommended in his review. They can be found less expensively at "Earplug Superstore". Use the same size as what worked for you in the OEM silicon tips. I've also used large dual flange tips and they work equally well, but seem to need the occasional push in to maintain the solid seal required for these IEMs

Mar 25, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #1,226 of 1,431
Quote:
I've been using Shure "grey soft flex" silicon tips on my DBA-02's for the last 2+ years (same pair!). Pretty sure those were also the tips that Joker recommended in his review. They can be found less expensively at "Earplug Superstore". Use the same size as what worked for you in the OEM silicon tips. I've also used large dual flange tips and they work equally well, but seem to need the occasional push in to maintain the solid seal required for these IEMs

Nice custom cable!
Could you describe the diference between the original silicon tips on your fischer and the shure? I'm pretty sure that the silicon tips on the B2 are almost the same as the shure.

Mar 26, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #1,227 of 1,431
The single flange silicon tips from Fischer and Shure fit identically, and my recollection is that the sound did not change, but I switched to the Shure tips so long ago! Big difference is that the Shure tips are quite secure on the nozzles, unlike the Fischer OEM tips.

I tried Shure olives once, but I didn't like the force required to remove them from the nozzles. Didn't seem like the sound changed much from the single flange silicone tips, although to be honest, my ears are far from young, so I've never had the high frequency "problems" or any sibilance issues with DBA-02's that foam tips can help control.

The cable sockets on my DBA-02's were done by BTG Audio, and the cable is the Westone EPICS cable with mic and single button remote.

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #1,228 of 1,431
The main reason I wear Comply's is for the outside noise reduction.
Second reason is no bone-conduction (which I'm prone to).
Third... fit and stability.

No Complys... no IEM. It's really that simple for me.

(Though I guess I could use the olives if it came down to that... 
wink_face.gif
  )

Apr 27, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #1,229 of 1,431
Just got them, and tried them with my shure olives and the comply's that come with them, imo i dont hear a difference. I like how the comply's dont need that much of a force to make sure they are secure in my ear

May 10, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #1,230 of 1,431
I wore my B2's too long in the pouring rain and now they sound completely crappy. Very compressed, dry bass, and the lower mids are all gone :/

Anyone have any idea how to fix this? The right channel is also a lot less loudsr in volume then the left. They have dried for 1,5 day now, I might try blowdrying them a little. I could also try to open em up to see what happened inside, but I don't know how without damaging them. They're so fragile :frowning2:

-edit- The left channel is fine, the right channel sounds fine too, but just a lot lower in volume. Is this the famous channel imbalance that happens after a while? Would be pretty coincidental to just happen after I used them for a long period (half an hour or so) in the pouring rain, right? :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back