Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jul 24, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #991 of 1,431
Quote:
Use the biflange Klipsch ovals, unfortunately the S4is only come with the small biflanges, so it may be too small to create a seal. If you can manage a seal though (I test seals with low frequency tones), it should be great. 

Thanks for the heads-up. Klipsch probably sells replacements, I imagine.

I ended up with two packages of S4i tips. I sent the IEM in for a repair and they returned them with another cellophane bag of tips.

Jul 24, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #992 of 1,431
Quote:
Thanks for the heads-up. Klipsch probably sells replacements, I imagine.

I ended up with two packages of S4i tips. I sent the IEM in for a repair and they returned them with another cellophane bag of tips.

I've been trying to get Klipsch tips, they only sell in packs of 2 pairs of 1 size (WHY NO MIXED PACKS?) and you can pretty much only get them through Amazon which, with little surprise, doesn't ship to my country. If anyone knows of a good alternative shipping to Europe let me know.

Jul 24, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #993 of 1,431
I've been trying to get Klipsch tips, they only sell in packs of 2 pairs of 1 size (WHY NO MIXED PACKS?) and you can pretty much only get them through Amazon which, with little surprise, doesn't ship to my country. If anyone knows of a good alternative shipping to Europe let me know.

Try searching on ebay, I'm getting some shure olives from a vendor there with ultra cheap postage fee to Mexico.

Jul 24, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #994 of 1,431
Quote:
Woo hoo, they sent me my replacements today. Very happy with the way this was resolved (ya know .. providing when my package gets here tomorrow, they're actually there. If it happens twice somethin's wrong!)

Glad to hear this 
etysmile.gif

Jul 25, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #995 of 1,431
Quote:
Joined to say thanks to Shane, Rawster, Joker, Raz & everyone else who has contributed their thoughts/experiences of/with the B2's in this thread :wink: Having researched them for quite a while & then waited several months for the retailer I bought mine from to get stock (long story, loyal customer. Yes I realise I could probably have got them quicker buying direct, but, anyhoo), mine arrived today. And they are, in a word, amazing. So yeah, thanks guys for all the contributions. Your thoughts definitely contributed to my decision to buy the B2's and I am a very happy camper :)

Enjoy!! Yep, these little sweethearts are hard to beat.

Jul 25, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #996 of 1,431
Honestly from memory these B2's recall the Ortofon EQ-5's I had but at half the cost. Nice product, cable gives pretty much ZERO confidence though, I'll be recabling or reshelling these if I keep them. Very detailed, I still prefer some of my others and I think the Vsonics are a better "deal" overall due to construction, but these are worth the $$. i'm going to try Ink's suggestion with Etymotic triflange and others. I wouldn't have guessed a silicone for treble attenuation, but it's worth a try. Foam usually works for me but I appreciate the longevity of a silicone. Best part of this hobby is the different flavors with nearly the same basic ingredients . 

These are very detailed. I understand completely why Joker and others swear by them. Brings out subtle details like few others

Jul 25, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #997 of 1,431
Yep, agreed TMR. Cable is the only thing that annoys me about them. I can see it getting kinked/twisted within a few mths. I'm sure I'll live with it tho, everything else about them makes it worth putting up with :wink:  
Honestly from memory these B2's recall the Ortofon EQ-5's I had but at half the cost. Nice product, cable gives pretty much ZERO confidence though, I'll be recabling or reshelling these if I keep them. Very detailed, I still prefer some of my others and I think the Vsonics are a better "deal" overall due to construction, but these are worth the $$. i'm going to try Ink's suggestion with Etymotic triflange and others. I wouldn't have guessed a silicone for treble attenuation, but it's worth a try. Foam usually works for me but I appreciate the longevity of a silicone. Best part of this hobby is the different flavors with nearly the same basic ingredients . 

These are very detailed. I understand completely why Joker and others swear by them. Brings out subtle details like few others

Jul 25, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #998 of 1,431
The replacements got here today! Worth noting that the packaging is the exact same as it was with the first, down to the identical wrap on the box. In other words, there was no tampering by FedEx the first time around.

Jul 25, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #999 of 1,431
I want to point out that while my previous post sounded like left handed praise, the cable is my only real concern with these. The level of detail is in line with IEM's 3 x their price. Average users would probably put less weight behind my cable comments, I just am pretty hard on cables with some pretty corrosive body oils. The sound is really top notch, I get why there was such a buzz about these. Great seeing the competition bringing competent 'phones to market for those of us who can't buy $500 IEM's. Seems like everyone is raising prices lately.

I need to spend some more time to acclimate to the treble, they really are quite bright.But then I've always been sensitive

Jul 25, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #1,000 of 1,431
Quote:
I want to point out that while my previous post sounded like left handed praise, the cable is my only real concern with these. The level of detail is in line with IEM's 3 x their price. Average users would probably put less weight behind my cable comments, I just am pretty hard on cables with some pretty corrosive body oils. The sound is really top notch, I get why there was such a buzz about these. Great seeing the competition bringing competent 'phones to market for those of us who can't buy $500 IEM's. Seems like everyone is raising prices lately.

I need to spend some more time to acclimate to the treble, they really are quite bright.But then I've always been sensitive

Funny, I don't actually find them bright. I mean the treble is very much there, of course, but maybe it's just the negative connotation I associate with the word "bright".

And the cable is probably the biggest issue with these, maybe the only. For wearing them over-ear without fearing cable stiffening, I'm thinking of buying the V-Moda earhooks, anyone have any experience with them?

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #1,001 of 1,431
What is it about over the ears that cause cables to stiffen?

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #1,003 of 1,431
To all of you with cable worries, I used my original Fischer DBA-02's for more then 1.5 years with original black/white twisted cable including many sweaty hours under a hot sun while rebuilding my deck two years ago. The cable held up fine throughout that period and only started stiffening (always worn over-ear without earguides) in the last few months. Yeah, then it became a pain with easy tangling, and using the ear guides at that point actually created another problem by causing cable flex at a single point which caused cracks in the insulation.

My second pair that I recabled from new with MEElec cables actually stiffened much faster in about 6 months of less extreme use.

The good news is that Brian at BTG Audio is now quite experienced with adding Westone plugs to these earpieces for a very reasonable price, which opens up use of some of the best removable cables. I am loving them with the Westone EPICS MIC cable!

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #1,004 of 1,431
Quote:
To all of you with cable worries, I used my original Fischer DBA-02's for more then 1.5 years with original black/white twisted cable including many sweaty hours under a hot sun while rebuilding my deck two years ago. The cable held up fine throughout that period and only started stiffening (always worn over-ear without earguides) in the last few months. Yeah, then it became a pain with easy tangling, and using the ear guides at that point actually created another problem by causing cable flex at a single point which caused cracks in the insulation.
My second pair that I recabled from new with MEElec cables actually stiffened much faster in about 6 months of less extreme use.
The good news is that Brian at BTG Audio is now quite experienced with adding Westone plugs to these earpieces for a very reasonable price, which opens up use of some of the best removable cables. I am loving them with the Westone EPICS MIC cable!

How much a "reasonable price" is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back