Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jul 28, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #1,021 of 1,431
Quote:
Then there's something wrong with you.

yup. most likely 
wink.gif
. My "scale" for durability is a bit shifted

Jul 28, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #1,022 of 1,431
Good to see that lack of a smiley on "something wrong with you" didn't result in a retaliatory post. 
smile.gif

I was going to lighten the mood by finding an Alien photo online and pop some IEM's into it's ears. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #1,024 of 1,431
Stozzer123, it's your third 'getting rid of them post. That means you're keeping them, right? 
smile.gif

Jul 28, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #1,026 of 1,431
I'm out, no matter what i try with these I just cant grow to like them.  Really disappointed :{

Will be in the FS on Monday for UK buyers.

That's a shame I see that you also own/owned the Panasonic hje900 and the Alessandro MS1, I have those aswell and I find that the B2 are sonically superior to those. The ms1 sounds veiled but with more bass and the hje900 sounds colored but better bulid.
I'm having a fit problem with the silicone tips and some monster foams that when I move bone connection causes sonic distortion, so comply give great fit, isolation and none of that bone connection.

If I have to choose just one of them for 110 I will keep the Panasonic just because their removable cable, superior build quality and higher msrp. But for pure sq I will keep the b2.

Jul 28, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #1,027 of 1,431
Quote:
Honestly from memory these B2's recall the Ortofon EQ-5's I had but at half the cost. 

Ditto

Quote:
That's a shame I see that you also own/owned the Panasonic hje900 and the Alessandro MS1, I have those aswell and I find that the B2 are sonically superior to those...... But for pure sq I will keep the b2.

Ditto x2.  I still have my hje900, probably need to sell them along w/ a whole bunch of gear lying around doing nothing.

Jul 28, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #1,028 of 1,431
Yeah i still have the hje even though they are in the sale forum right now (sticking with the eph), but i agree that the hje build quality is second to none, the b2's are definitely clearer but i just really don like their sound even though i got them to replace the pfe I'm just going to stick with the audeo's.

Also i agree that I hate the silicon tips with the b2's just horrible getting a seal for me, i finally got a good seal with another set but was still disappointed.  Onwards and upwards though :)

Jul 29, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #1,029 of 1,431
I need to remind Rin to thank JupiterKnight for the B2 tips he misunderstood me. Joker loaned the MKII.

Seeing as how they graph with stock tips, I can understand why people take an issue with it's treble and "metallic" timbre. I'm sure other tips will result in a more even treble. 

Jul 29, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #1,030 of 1,431
Quote:
I need to remind Rin to thank Anaxilus for the B2 loan, he misunderstood me and though it was joker lol. Joker loaned the MKII.

Seeing as how they graph with stock tips, I can understand why people take an issue with it's treble and "metallic" timbre. I'm sure other tips will result in a more even treble. 

... Such as Shure olives and my soon to arrive and not tried out yet Klipsch large dual flanges. 
wink.gif

(thanks for the tips tip, Inks..)

Jul 31, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #1,031 of 1,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadawgis732 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Y
ou can't solder the cable directly to the driver, as the solder points are too far into the housing. But aside from that, you're pretty much good to go.

Actually, If you really want to get into it, you can get some tweezers and wiggle the driver out. The surrounding is silicon and it isn't glued to the drive. BY NO MEAN USE THE WIRE TO PULL THE DRIVER OUT! You risk taking off the pads of the driver, which is not repairable. New drivers cost $50 each.

Here's proof you can pull out the driver.

Jul 31, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #1,032 of 1,431
So... these things have made me discover the clarity and resolution freak in me. My more colored FXT-90's and SR-60i's, though more sonorous and thick in note, just can't satisfy the clean, all-encompassing, balanced  and technical sound that the B2's sing with my music. I didn't expect myself to like the analytical sound signature, but boy was I wrong.

Jul 31, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #1,033 of 1,431
Quote:
So... these things have made me discover the clarity and resolution freak in me. My more colored FXT-90's and SR-60i's, though more sonorous and thick in note, just can't satisfy the clean, all-encompassing, balanced  and technical sound that the B2's sing with my music. I didn't expect myself to like the analytical sound signature, but boy was I wrong.

Although some do (and I see reasons why they do), I don't categorize the B2 into the analytical category.  I would put it more into the balanced one.  

Jul 31, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #1,034 of 1,431
Admittedly, I've only been using the buzzword because that's what it's been termed by many people. I was under the assumption that analytical = balanced. Would you mind differentiating the two, and how you think the B2 fits into one rather than the other? I'm curious.

Jul 31, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #1,035 of 1,431
Quote:
Admittedly, I've only been using the buzzword because that's what it's been termed by many people. I was under the assumption that analytical = balanced. Would you mind differentiating the two, and how you think the B2 fits into one rather than the other? I'm curious.

Analytical tends to focus more on the mids and highs.  I feel these don't focus on the mids enough (a lot of people will disagree with me).  I find these walk the line of analytical, but aren't past it yet.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back