Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Sep 25, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #1,336 of 1,463
Today i received my b400.good sound right out of the box.nice packageing.
But
No company name(brainwavz) written in ear piece also no L and R marking on both earpiece.looks good but not finished good.some hazy type looking in some minor area.i contac brainwavz for that.and also cleaning tool is not there

A small but brilliant design touch: the brand name is embossed on the interior of the shell, leaving the outer shell (the part that actually touches the ear) smooth and comfortable.

But, it also means that branding gets obscured by certain shell finishes.

Oct 11, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #1,337 of 1,463
Oct 12, 2018 at 2:04 AM Post #1,338 of 1,463
Oct 13, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #1,339 of 1,463
I need new headphones, on a 200$ budget. Brainwavz B400, iBasso IT01 or Campfire Comet? Which ones should I get?
Can the B400 be worn "cable-down" as well? Without making the wire go around your ears.
The only expensive IEMs I've ever had were the Brainwavz M1 and Brainwavz M2 after that. Both had one side die in around a year or less. So I'm wondering, does this have the same kind of quality? If it breaks (the shell breaks in half or something) or dies in one or both sides, does the warranty cover it?
Does it include an extra wire without mic and remote in accessories?

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #1,340 of 1,463
I need new headphones, on a 200$ budget. Brainwavz B400, iBasso IT01 or Campfire Comet? Which ones should I get?
Can the B400 be worn "cable-down" as well? Without making the wire go around your ears.
The only expensive IEMs I've ever had were the Brainwavz M1 and Brainwavz M2 after that. Both had one side die in around a year or less. So I'm wondering, does this have the same kind of quality? If it breaks (the shell breaks in half or something) or dies in one or both sides, does the warranty cover it?
Does it include an extra wire without mic and remote in accessories?
What sound profile do you like? My personal preference of the three is the b400. But it lacks bass depth. It has great staging, separation and build quality.

That being said I'm thinking of selling both my it01 and b400. Tfz king pro and secret garden are also good chooses, as well as toneking t4....

Oct 13, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #1,341 of 1,463
What sound profile do you like? My personal preference of the three is the b400. But it lacks bass depth. It has great staging, separation and build quality.

That being said I'm thinking of selling both my it01 and b400. Tfz king pro and secret garden are also good chooses, as well as toneking t4....

Have not fully understood sound profiles yet, but I like my IEM to be decent for anything. I'm not picky, but I guess I'll notice a flaw if it's there. If the sound quality is decent enough, I know I'll enjoy it. Anyway, I've already decided on the B400s in Aqua color. Let's see how it goes. I'm excited!

Will it be a problem that the nozzles on the B400 don't have any filters in them? They're totally open. Will it get filled with dust?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #1,342 of 1,463
I have ordered B400. Initially i was considering bluetooth headphones but after reading reviews on B400 got tempted

Dealer over here in India telling me that this is made to order and will take 15 days. Fingers crossed

I'm thinking to buy a good usb-c cable with mmcx connector like Shure RMCE-USB which has Cirrus logic dac

Oct 28, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #1,343 of 1,463
I have ordered B400. Initially i was considering bluetooth headphones but after reading reviews on B400 got tempted

Dealer over here in India telling me that this is made to order and will take 15 days. Fingers crossed

I'm thinking to buy a good usb-c cable with mmcx connector like Shure RMCE-USB which has Cirrus logic dac

Congrats! I'm patiently waiting on mine too. I will receive them in a week insha'Allah. Let me know how you like yours!

Nov 4, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #1,345 of 1,463
Its been more than 10 days and no updates on my order yet

Mine have already been delivered. I'll receive them from someone who's bringing them to me in a few hours! :D I'll let you know how they are for me. :)

Edit:
I have them now! Impressions:
- As much as I hate to say it, they don't sound extra-ordinary.
- They're clear, and they perform well in every way, without any distortion, which is one of the things I really wanted to have.
- They look very good, surprisingly good. Really beautiful, cute and also little (pictures don't do them justice). I got mine in Aqua colour and it's really nice.
- Weird package, lol. I completely butchered it. XD
- I'm confused on the sound quality though. I guess I have to get more used to them? I mean, I guess this gives me the best of 200$ sound quality, but it doesn't sound much different or better than anything else I've ever experienced? (Coming from 50$ Brainwavz M2s) What???
- The fit is so awesome! First time using "proper" over-the-ear headphones and they fit so well, it's lovely!
- Do I regret it? No, I wish for the iBasso IT01 which I got this instead of, now, wondering if it'd been better, but this will do just fine.
- They didn't wow me in any way, though.

These are just my first impressions, guys, and I know they'll change as I go.

I'm just fine knowing that I got the best in 200$. :) Thank you guys.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #1,346 of 1,463
Wait, why do my B400s smell like they're burning when I smell their tips? Is it the rubber tips? I mean, I've only used them for like 20 mins with my Shanling m0. Is this an issue?

Also, why is it that the sound stutters or the left earpiece stops giving sound in my B400 when I press on it? Is it a cable issue or is it all defective? Lol :frowning2:

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #1,347 of 1,463
@razzer001 what are the chances of a B400 driver failing in my right iem twice? Goddamnit im pissed and words dont express it. I tested by swapping sides with my iem, swapping cable sides, swapping a new cable. Lows and mids in right side is softer causing a balance issue, imaging is to the left. This would be the 3rd time if im sending it in for a problem. Previous times for a cracked shell and driver failure in the right iem.

I supported you guys by pre-ordering way back in nov 2017 before it was even the second or third wave of production of the B400, when you guys removed the colour options because it was turning sticky so i stuck to the stay frosty, which honestly looks like its cum-filled but i dont mind when its in my ears, they sound great. Until the drivers start dying again. Ugh

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #1,348 of 1,463
@razzer001 what are the chances of a B400 driver failing in my right iem twice? Goddamnit im pissed and words dont express it. I tested by swapping sides with my iem, swapping cable sides, swapping a new cable. Lows and mids in right side is softer causing a balance issue, imaging is to the left. This would be the 3rd time if im sending it in for a problem. Previous times for a cracked shell and driver failure in the right iem.

I supported you guys by pre-ordering way back in nov 2017 before it was even the second or third wave of production of the B400, when you guys removed the colour options because it was turning sticky so i stuck to the stay frosty, which honestly looks like its cum-filled but i dont mind when its in my ears, they sound great. Until the drivers start dying again. Ugh

@razzer001 even I am thinking to cancel my order after looking so many quality control issues. Looks like you don't have quality control measures. I have Bbrainwavz m2 which still sounds good but I am not sure if you have still the same quality.

Nov 6, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #1,350 of 1,463
For you guys that also have B400s, does yours give a burning smell after listening to music through it? (Through the nozzles when you smell them)

Mine have never done that. Perhaps some earwax has fallen into the tube? Is anything obstructing that tube?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back