Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Mar 15, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #1,111 of 1,463
We, laymen definitely would not know the whole story. Anyway, I believe if there are no BAs staff, the price of the IEMs will be brought down. BA type are so much uneconomical. What multi BAs can do can equally or better done by a single DD. So those so-called high end single DD products set their price tag to the similar BA type staff. Consider how much manufacture cost of a single DD?! Why they can sell so expensive??? Because of those multi BAs products!!! I hope BA IEMs could disappear on earth.

That hurts my poor, weak heart.

Mar 15, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #1,112 of 1,463
FYI, these are a lightning deal on Amazon for the next 5 hours. 161.07 USD.

Brainwavz B400 Quad Balanced Armature Pro Refrence Monitor Earbud Earphones with Detachable Inline Remote & Mic Cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079JBV69F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_hcQQAbP96TCVZ

Of course my pair arrives from Amazon tomorrow.... Is it worth returning and waiting to save 28 dollars?

Mar 15, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #1,113 of 1,463
At this point i think it would be wise for my fellow head fiers to disengage from this discussion, seeing how much of a trollish reaction we are getting imho. I mean, if you truly dislike and have no plans on buying any more BA iems, much less being open about its existence, take my advice as previously mentioned, sell it off and stop here. I really dont need email updates just to see a troll, i think constructive discussion was great, but not a person harping on and on about his point of view and especially not being open to what others have mentioned.

Now the nice words are done, sell it and move on already you dipshit. Not every iem is made to please everyone, and thats where selling to recoup your losses and buy something else to please you should be the way to go since you seem to only listen to classical/symphonic/orchestral music and talk about how bad the B400 is.

Seriously, i work as a sound technician and hearing the orchestra as they play compared to iems, sure there are lots of nuances lost, but it isnt exactly the end of the world.

Mar 15, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #1,114 of 1,463
At this point i think it would be wise for my fellow head fiers to disengage from this discussion, seeing how much of a trollish reaction we are getting imho. I mean, if you truly dislike and have no plans on buying any more BA iems, much less being open about its existence, take my advice as previously mentioned, sell it off and stop here. I really dont need email updates just to see a troll, i think constructive discussion was great, but not a person harping on and on about his point of view and especially not being open to what others have mentioned.

Now the nice words are done, sell it and move on already you dip****. Not every iem is made to please everyone, and thats where selling to recoup your losses and buy something else to please you should be the way to go since you seem to only listen to classical/symphonic/orchestral music and talk about how bad the B400 is.

Seriously, i work as a sound technician and hearing the orchestra as they play compared to iems, sure there are lots of nuances lost, but it isnt exactly the end of the world.

Sorry I want to apologize to B400!
Actually my complain is not B400 but BA type drivers. B400 is a gracious offering among the multi BAs IEMs! Thanks, Brainwavz!

Mar 15, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #1,115 of 1,463
Actually my complain is not B400 but BA type drivers.
Based on limited experience. I honestly don't know why you are being so vocal about it. Go and try some decent BA only based IEMs. Its all about tuning at the end of the day. I've heard very good BA only, DD only and hybrids. I've heard very bad BA only, DD only and hybrids. Stating categorically that one is better than the other without a whole lot of experience with many different types is not only misleading but it is bordering on intentional flame-baiting.

Like it was mentioned above - please take it elsewhere.

Mar 15, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #1,116 of 1,463

Now the nice words are done, sell it and move on already you dip****. Not every iem is made to please everyone, and thats where selling to recoup your losses and buy something else to please you should be the way to go since you seem to only listen to classical/symphonic/orchestral music and talk about how bad the B400 is.

Agreed and they really need to fix the email system, I have emails disabled yet it only applies to older PM's and Threads, newer stuff like this thread I get emails and its annoying. I check the site everyday, I don't need an email about every post lol

EDIT: I think I just solved it, I have all alerts turned off but had to go to Preferences then under Auto Subscribe to new threads I had to disable: "and receive email notifications of replies"

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #1,117 of 1,463
Wow, listening to these today for the first time and listening to Eric Clapton unplugged. I can't just place the piano in old love, I can place the individual keys. That's a new one for me.

These really do create a stellar image. The tuning isn't exactly my normal style, but i can see why some of you all were saying the imaging/staging/layering is special.

Mar 16, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #1,118 of 1,463
Yep - typically one of the strengths (IMO) of a multi-BA set-up (if they get the crossovers right) is the imaging - at least in my experience. Its one thing that is quite special in both the Dipper and U10.

Mar 16, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #1,119 of 1,463
Wow, listening to these today for the first time and listening to Eric Clapton unplugged. I can't just place the piano in old love, I can place the individual keys. That's a new one for me.

These really do create a stellar image. The tuning isn't exactly my normal style, but i can see why some of you all were saying the imaging/staging/layering is special.
I'm glad you're enjoying them! I agree the tuning is different than what I was to as well, but I truly learned to appreciate these the more I used them. I can't go very long without listening to their smooth, sweet sounds, lol. I hope you enjoy them more and more!

Mar 16, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #1,120 of 1,463
I'll be very interested to see how they do balanced when I get my h6. I don't think the cayin n3 is a particularly good match based on the tonality.

Mar 20, 2018 at 1:42 AM Post #1,121 of 1,463

Am glad that you're enjoying our B400.

Just to chime in on balanced vs dynamic on specifically why some companies prefer one over the other, you also need to factor access to technology/quality suppliers/technical talent.

Mar 20, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #1,122 of 1,463
Am glad that you're enjoying our B400.

Just to chime in on balanced vs dynamic on specifically why some companies prefer one over the other, you also need to factor access to technology/quality suppliers/technical talent.
Yeah, it's obvious that a lot of technical talent is required and there isn't a ton of overlap of people who work on multiple drivers types, they seem to specialize with one type mostly...

It's hard for me to ever discount dynamic drivers when it comes to sub bass reproduction, but my guess is that in the long run, DD are the incandescent lightbulb (basically just good for heat now) and BA and Planar are the CFL/LEDs.

Mar 24, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #1,125 of 1,463
I also have the B100, and the improvement over B100 is quite significant. Imaging and separation are dramatically improved, as well as the overall level of detail, though i can’t comment on tonality in a side-by-side as my B100 have recently shorted out at the strain relief. Oh well. Overall i’d say the B400 builds upon the already solid foundation of the B100 by adding more drivers and therefore being able to focus more attention on chunks of the frequency spectrum that may have been less well polished/extended in a full spectrum BA driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back