Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Feb 27, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #1,038 of 1,463
I love these still...as long as I don't listen to Lyra II prior bc it points out how much bass these lack and make them sound boring & thin

Feb 27, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #1,040 of 1,463
I love these still...as long as I don't listen to Lyra II prior bc it points out how much bass these lack and make them sound boring & thin

It's unfair to compare bass of BA type with dynamic type. B400 might have better imaging whatever than IE80, but there is no way for B400 to give the grand energy of IE80 for symphony and I don't think any pure BAs phone can give.

Feb 27, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #1,041 of 1,463
Sorry for being AFK, i've been pleasantly been on a break for CNY :)

Coupla things I'm curious about, though:
Why would these BAs need shell porting, BAs can be sealed, right?
Oh and...whatever happened to B300?

Oh? I wonder if they changed them up again? Imo a plus if they did.

All our B400 sent out to customers since the first batch have been ported, i went with the port in the end as we found it reduced air pressure build up.

I´ve had a little chat with Sowmya from Brainwavz Customer Support. She says they recommend 30-40hours burn in.

With all due respect - ask them to supply real data which shows change. You won’t get any.

Thats a pretty standard answer our support team will give for anyone asking about burn in for any of our earphones. Our customer support is really more for after sales support (i.e. warranty, shipping etc), they responses to technical questions are very general. This is mostly due to our overwhelming amount of support tickets being non-technical related.

Also our own in house burn in for the B400 is not really for anything sound related, all b400 are left for over 24hr to burn in for stability checking and no driver failure.

Since last Monday I look for the b400 almost daily on amazon.co.uk, but I can't find it.
Any news on this?

I know i am replying late and you may already have seen, but i wanted to point out the B400 are now on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk (which will ship to EU countries)

Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079JBV69F/

Amazon.co.uk: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079JBV69F/

If they show as out of stock, its only temporary, check back in a day or so and they should be back in stock.

Feb 27, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #1,042 of 1,463
Dont about the rest of you, but the stock tips are perfect for me. I always comes back to them.
I do as well. Something just seemed off tonally whenever I tried tip rolling, but everything sounds perfect when I go back to the stock tips.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #1,043 of 1,463
I do as well. Something just seemed off tonally whenever I tried tip rolling, but everything sounds perfect when I go back to the stock tips.
Another vote for the stock tips. I often have either fit or seal issues with whatever tips come with an IEM but these worked just fine for me so I didn't try anything else.

I had misspoke earlier when I mentioned the KZ Whirlwind tips. I used those on the B150 and B200 but the slight difference in shell design from those vs the B400 meant that the stock B400 tips worked well when the others didn't.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #1,044 of 1,463
I don’t mind the stock tips, but you guys really should try spinfit eartips. As someone mentioned earlier, spinfit works really well with the B400 giving that extra extension up top and slightly more articulate bass due to a deeper insertion and very good isolation. Quite shocking to me since I almost always disliked spinfits with other IEMs so far.

Feb 28, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #1,045 of 1,463
It's unfair to compare bass of BA type with dynamic type. B400 might have better imaging whatever than IE80, but there is no way for B400 to give the grand energy of IE80 for symphony and I don't think any pure BAs phone can give.

I'm not really comparing as saying for my personal preference the more weighty Lyra II is my go to. When resting I lean towards the B400 as the lesser bass leads to better relaxation and allows the mids to come out more than the L2.

Feb 28, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #1,046 of 1,463
I don’t mind the stock tips, but you guys really should try spinfit eartips. As someone mentioned earlier, spinfit works really well with the B400 giving that extra extension up top and slightly more articulate bass due to a deeper insertion and very good isolation. Quite shocking to me since I almost always disliked spinfits with other IEMs so far.
I tried spinfits as soon as I got my B400's and didn't like what they did to the mids. It may be the pairing with my LG V20, but the mids seemed thinner and slightly grainy to my ears using the spinfits. That's the beauty of this hobby to me though. I love trying different tips, cables and sources and finding that perfect pairing!

Feb 28, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #1,047 of 1,463
My ultimate tip choice was the KZ Whirlwind (I've since changed to the Tennmak brand) because they work so well for me. I have fitment issues with many of the IEMs I've tried and they worked the best many times. But they are designed for the more typical 4.9mm nozzle instead of the smaller 3.0mm (I'd guess) that these are. My solution was to destroy one of the small tips provided with the B400 because I'd never use that size. I just cut the part that goes over the nozzle from the rest of the tip. Cut that in half and applied each half to one of the nozzles and them fit the Whirlwind tips over the covered nozzles. Great fit, great seal, stable when I move. But probably not the best solution for others.

Mar 1, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #1,048 of 1,463
I've found my normal size of SpinFits slide all the way into my ear with the B400, to the point where they go so far in it breaks the seal. I've been using KZ Starlines, but I'm not loving them. What sorts of tips are people using with these?

I had the same problem and solved it by slicing a couple of millimetres off the stems.

Mar 2, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #1,049 of 1,463
Can you search on Spotify or other streaming services for following album: Prokofiev symphony 2 Karabits, The first track 6 minutes in the glare becomes very apparent on my pair.

I didn't listen to Spotify. I have several hundreds G lossless files. based on my experience, I think the record quality might be the most relevant. For what I listen to - lossless files from Xduoo X3, some sound excellent and some do have certain unnatural sounding. I think the most direct reason is the quality of music files and second is the weakness of BA type drivers. I'll never buy BA type IEMs again. I cannot see its advantage over dynamic drivers.

Mar 2, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #1,050 of 1,463
I didn't listen to Spotify. I have several hundreds G lossless files. based on my experience, I think the record quality might be the most relevant. For what I listen to - lossless files from Xduoo X3, some sound excellent and some do have certain unnatural sounding. I think the most direct reason is the quality of music files and second is the weakness of BA type drivers. I'll never buy BA type IEMs again. I cannot see its advantage over dynamic drivers.
Spotify is so (/too) convenient. On the other hand I have been testing Qobuz and Tidal several times and I must admit I can't hear a difference. Regarding BA-drivers, I'm thinking like you and I won't be buying any new one soon. To my ears there's always something off (Noble X, Primo 8, Rose Mini 2). I prefer iems with dynamic drivers. Maybe if you start spending 1000$ the situation changes but that's an amount I'm not willing to spend (yet).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back