Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Feb 23, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #1,021 of 1,463
I haven't heard the B100 but judging by the lack of bass in the B400 already and how it was said the B400 has more extension I could imagine the B100 being too bass light for gym use to help block out noise.

FWIW the UiiSii CM5 are only $12 on Amazon US right now and they would be great at the gym. Shouldn't have traded my pair for the Adv S2000 but oh well

Feb 23, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #1,022 of 1,463
I´ve had a little chat with Sowmya from Brainwavz Customer Support. She says they recommend 30-40hours burn in.
With all due respect - ask them to supply real data which shows change. You won’t get any. Shures engineers were asked about burn-in for both their BA based and also DD based IEMs. They said neither will change over time. And they were the largest (in terms of volume) IEM producers on the planet.

If it makes you feel better (for some it is a ritual) burn them in. But it’s not going to change the sound

Feb 23, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #1,023 of 1,463
Sad to leave this thread, but I'll have to move on. My search (for the most part) has ended.
I'll just have to deal with my own hemming/hawing before pulling the trigger on those darn subwoofered quad-BAs.

Hope these B400s work for the rest of you guys. If they do, do not look elsewhere.
Don't even glance at any other shiny new concha/tragus jewellery at that shop window.
Ignorance is indeed bliss. Ta for now. :cry:

Feb 24, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #1,024 of 1,463
B400.jpg

Feb 24, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #1,025 of 1,463
Feb 24, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #1,027 of 1,463
lol, thanks. Mine was one of the earlier painted models so I'll avoid any close ups, haha. Sounds amazing though. Still my fav iem to date, hence why I bought a Crimson Red model despite not having to return the review sample.
Very cool. Crimson Red is one of my favorite colors (my car’s color is Crimson Roulette Pearl). No worries regarding the non-close-up pictorials; the Crimson Red B400 still looks very nice!

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #1,028 of 1,463
Very cool. Crimson Red is one of my favorite colors (my car’s color is Crimson Roulette Pearl). No worries regarding the non-close-up pictorials; the Crimson Red B400 still looks very nice!

Your car sounds like it would look stellar. Once saw my fav car (2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Wagon...I aim high...) done up in a rich crimson red. Looked AMAZING. Been wanting something in that color ever since. B400's was close enough to scratch that itch.

Feb 24, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #1,029 of 1,463
Your car sounds like it would look stellar. Once saw my fav car (2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Wagon...I aim high...) done up in a rich crimson red. Looked AMAZING. Been wanting something in that color ever since. B400's was close enough to scratch that itch.
I really like my car - it will be a great day once I can drive it again after completing driving training at rehab. :slight_smile:

Feb 25, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #1,031 of 1,463
Trying out different tips is pretty essential here. The stock tips coated everything in warm sauce for me, but SpinFits made the sound more open and crisp. Anyone missing treble presence needs to look into different options.

Feb 25, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #1,032 of 1,463
I found that spinfits gave me a better fit/seal and better treble, I also found rha dual density tips to be good/slightly better for my ears.
Anybody else worried about the lack of a cover on these to prevent dust and crud ingress into the shell?

Feb 27, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #1,033 of 1,463
I've found my normal size of SpinFits slide all the way into my ear with the B400, to the point where they go so far in it breaks the seal. I've been using KZ Starlines, but I'm not loving them. What sorts of tips are people using with these?

Feb 27, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #1,034 of 1,463
I've found my normal size of SpinFits slide all the way into my ear with the B400, to the point where they go so far in it breaks the seal. I've been using KZ Starlines, but I'm not loving them. What sorts of tips are people using with these?
I'm listening mainly to classical music and there's unfortunately a glaring effect somewhere around 2-3000Hz especially with flutes. This bothered me enormously to the point that I wanted to return them. Am I the only one with this issue?

Anyway, last year I bought the Ostry tuning tips and never noticed any important change while testing these with other iems. This time though I used the black ones (stronger attenuation of higher frequencies) on the B400 and hoorah, they almost completely remove the glare while not changing too much the sound signature. I think I'll keep them now but it nags me I need to use these tips to correct a tuning problem.

Feb 27, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #1,035 of 1,463
I'm listening mainly to classical music and there's unfortunately a glaring effect somewhere around 2-3000Hz especially with flutes. This bothered me enormously to the point that I wanted to return them. Am I the only one with this issue?

Anyway, last year I bought the Ostry tuning tips and never noticed any important change while testing these with other iems. This time though I used the black ones (stronger attenuation of higher frequencies) on the B400 and hoorah, they almost completely remove the glare while not changing too much the sound signature. I think I'll keep them now but it nags me I need to use these tips to correct a tuning problem.

Could you specify the music? I only listen to classical music and I never have such problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back